Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

No internet connection - NBN

NBN not working in Bellfield Heidelberg area?

modem has green light and nbn lights are all normal. 

have reset modem and still no connection? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
121 REPLIES 121
Highlighted

Outage in port Melbourne?

Is there a current outage? Can’t link to outage page, customer support engaged,  can’t get help through Telstra 24/7 app. What’s going on?

Highlighted

Internet connection

Is internet down?????

if so Telstra didn’t advice us.....connection just goes down whenever it wants no warnings.  

Highlighted

Internet is not working

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Outage in port Melbourne?

I am having the same problem down in Geelong cannot get anyone from Telstra 

Highlighted

Re: Internet is not working

Same here in Glen Iris. Tried calling support number and wasn’t responding.

Highlighted

Is the Telstra Broadband down in postcode 2077?

I have tried to contact Telstra but call either cuts out or is blocked. I can't connect to Telstra Outages. There is no communication.

Highlighted

Re: Outage in port Melbourne?

Hey,

Their DNS servers are down, change to google's for now.

You can't change the DNS servers on their routers so you have to change it on your device's settings.

Changing DNS server settings on Windows 10

1. Go to the Control Panel.
  2. Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
  3. Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:

• To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click the Ethernet interface and select Properties.
    • To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click the Wi-Fi interface and select Properties.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)  and then click Properties.

5. Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.

6. Click OK.

7. Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.

8. Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:

• Preferred DNS Server: 8.8.8.8
    • Alternate DNS Server: 8.4.4.4
Highlighted

Re: No internet connection - NBN

Their DNS servers are down, change to google's for now.

You can't change the DNS servers on their routers so you have to change it on your device's settings.

Changing DNS server settings on Windows 10

1. Go to the Control Panel.
  2. Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
  3. Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:

• To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click the Ethernet interface and select Properties.
    • To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click the Wi-Fi interface and select Properties.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)  and then click Properties.

5. Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.

6. Click OK.

7. Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.

8. Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:

• Preferred DNS Server: 8.8.8.8
    • Alternate DNS Server: 8.4.4.4
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

NBN down in 3756

no reply to messages, on the phone for an hour listening to the crappy music, the APP directs you to an Outages page which doesnt exist. Telstra is being serviced by the Wily Coyote?? 

Highlighted

DNS server isn't responding

DNS server isn't responding.

I have tried restarting the modem, the computer, everything. Still yet it doesn't work. What is going on?

Highlighted

Re: NBN down in 3756

Same in 3170. Got the app to see for outages and ended up having to come to the forum fir info.

Highlighted

NBN down in Caringbah

No internet in Caringbah area. Modem all working. Telstra outage link do not work to check- comes with error 404.

Highlighted

Same in NSW 2500. You go to the Telstra Outages and apparently they don't exist.

Highlighted

NBN down at 2138

The internet is down since morning,  location is Rhodes NSW 2148.

The troubleshooting website is not valid. And could not get contact to customer service. 

Please help! 

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Looks like nation wide DNS outage... Switch to alternative DNS and all is well...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Highlighted

Hi Jake,

thanks for the quick reply!

How I would I change the servers from home, our devices that are connected are Mac, iPhone and Xbox.

Can you explain to me what DNS servers are and how long until the servers are back online? Thanks heaps for the quick tips

Highlighted

Re: NBN down in Caringbah

Same here in Sutherland Shire... DNS not responding.  my wi-fi hotstpot works ok from phone (Telstra)  NBN is up but my land line is in SOS mode..  Can't call Telstra cuz the support number is busy..

Highlighted

Yeah same here no internet in 2770 ...I was up and working till 10am then boom nothing ...I can only see 2 green lights on my modem..link and online...I have restarted my modem 5x and even plug it in to a different line and still same only 2 green lights ...I have check FB Telstar page it looks like national wide issues

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: DNS server isn't responding

Hi I had the same problem with the DNS servers around 11am today Sunday 2Aug2020  

Primary DNS  61.9.194.49
Secondary DNS 61.9.195.193

on the Telstra Gateway .

------------------ 

I am back online after changing/adding another DNS   8.8.8.8   (this is Google) on all the families devices.  

-------------------

Highlighted

Same in PEAKHURST, no internet at all 

Highlighted

Re: NBN down at 2138

I'm with cable in 2138 and internet has been down since around 10am too. I can't get through anything and everytime I try logging into the modem it returns "Your WAN connection is down..."

Highlighted

Hi I had the same problem with the DNS servers around 11am today Sunday 2Aug2020  

Primary DNS  61.9.194.49

on the Telstra Gateway .

------------------ 

I am back online after changing/adding another DNS   8.8.8.8   (this is Google) on all the families devices.  

-------------------

Highlighted

No internet connection in 3166

No internet connection and no explanation. 
Not replying message. 

Highlighted

Primary DNS  61.9.194.49

on the Telstra Gateway .

------------------ 

-------------------

Highlighted

No internet 3810

Would be a really great idea if Telstra could message customers that the service was down, and how long to expected disruption. 

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @Benny26,

I can't tell you why everyone's internet isn't working but I have reported that the Telstra Outage link isn't working to the Crowdsupport Manager's and Moderator's.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

Same in 3127.  Understand that there's an issue which is being investigated by Telstra techs, but interestingly, Telstra TV device working; able to stream YouTube and Netflix.  So not sure what's going on there.

Highlighted

Re: NBN down at 2138

I am in Campbelltown 2560 & having the same problem. Can’t get onto any online troubleshooting or support & have now been on hold on the phone for 55 mins

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Internet down

Outages page is down, home internet is down in the area of 3377.....

Getting a bit of a joke, do we need to start our own dns servers at home, to take the strain off of Telstra?

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
Highlighted

NBN down on Narre Warren South, Victoria

My NBN down on Narre Warren South, Victoria

Highlighted

Same in 3029, DNS outage.

Temporarily change your DNS settings to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Telstra NBN down; DNS servers failing to respond - 61.9.195.193 etc.

Something's wrong with Telstra's DNS servers this morning. The auto-assigned DNS servers aren't responding - 61.9.195.193 etc. - which is causing name server lookups to fail, and thus many websites, apps, etc. to complain there is no Internet.

Is Telstra aware of this issue?

I will find a way or make one.
International IT consultant and author.

If I have helped you, please consider giving a kudos to my posting Smiley Happy
Highlighted

NBN not working in epping 2121

also the 4G backup is a joke. 0.1M/s up and down!

Highlighted

Is nbn downin in 2171

Anyone else have this problem in this area

Highlighted

Hi, 

Changing DNS varies from device to device, I just fixed my wife's Ipad,

go to the place where you set the wifi password,

then click the (i) button on right of WIFI ,

scroll down page, you should see DNS and some numbers. switch to manual.

find a green plus to add a new number, click on that  type 8.8.8.8. , hit <enter> ,  

scroll up then set back to AUTO. 

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: DNS server isn't responding

Well, it's starting to sound & look like our Asian Friends may be firing a salvo over our bow just to let us know it can...........DNS HIJACKING......DNS POISONING.......DNS REDIRECTING

No proof, just an educated guess......
Highlighted

Thanks.  Appears to work.

Highlighted

Home wifi not working (NBN)

Wifi (NBN) not working in box hill 3128 Victoria

Highlighted

Gateway2 modem no longer connects to internet

NBN FTK Gateway2 modem, worked until about an hour ago, now anything connected to the wifi cannot get out. LAN connected works fine (faster than usual). Rebooted NBN modem, and Gateway2 3 times. VOIP phone service dead and shows as "disabled" (via 192.168.0.1). Telstra tech support (Platinum, even) still on hold after an hour. Is there a way to test the modem? When I try the online tests, I can't even get it to connect. Suspect modem defective (it has been working for 10 months). The Telstra outages web page is also broken!! https://downdetector.com.au/status/telstra/ shows a big spike at about the time I had problems.

Highlighted

No internet service in wantirna 3152

There is no internet service at my home. I have restart my modem serval times. Is that Telstra problem? Or just me?

Highlighted

nbn internet is down in Mill Park area

anyone else have the same issue ?

Highlighted

Internet Down 2739

Anyone else having the same issue? I cant find any outage notifications anywhere.

Highlighted

Re: Gateway2 modem no longer connects to internet

Same problem here in Erskineville, Sydney. Modem has green lights but nothing and is not reverting to sim as it’s ‘supposed’ to do?!?

Highlighted

Internet is down or unstable almost every weekend lately

The internet in Epping NSW is down again today... the 4G backup is simply non existent even with a sim in the modern.. has this backup sim ever/actually worked? Or it is just a dummy?

Highlighted

Internet Down in Ashfield 2131

Hi

I am not getting any internet at all in Ashfield 2131. Any one else having this issue? 

Highlighted

Re: Is nbn downin in 2171

Seem to be scattered DNS outages.  NBN won't work, but smartphones will. 

If you have a NBN gateway with the 5g backup feature, try unplugging the landline to force it to 5g.

otherwise look up "change DNS" on your smartphone.

You might be able to tether your devices to your phone temporarily too.

I changed my dns to 8.8.8.8 (google) on all my devices.

Highlighted

Re: Gateway2 modem no longer connects to internet

Similar issues here in Inner-West Sydney 

Highlighted

Thanks Bob, this worked perfectly and an excellent explanation 

Highlighted

No NBN connection or internet

Telstra Facebook, states that they have an issue internet connection and are trying to correct. Posted 40mins ago

Tried calling annoying music, no One will answer the call (it will disconnect over certain time)

No Live Chat only information is coming from the Telstra Facebook page.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit