megos77
Level 1: Cadet

No internet connection

Hi, I am asking on behalf of my parents, as they have no internet to ask. They have been having problems with internet connection for months now. They also get nowhere when they call Telstra. They have done troubleshooting but cannot do that either as they don’t have mobile reception in their house and are being asked to disconnect their modem and phone line inside. Anyone have any ideas???? It is becoming very frustrating, especially when they are still being billed ($105/month) for a service they cannot use. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Marty_M
Level 8: Inspector

Re: No internet connection

Suggest you hard reset the router. There should be a pin hole for you to stick a paperclip end in for around 15 seconds depressed. Release and it should revert to factory settings. Also if it is NBN HFC switch off the black NBN box for 10 mins.

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”
megos77
Level 1: Cadet

Yes, they have tried turning it off/on again. They have reset the modem with a pin, might last 5 or 20 minutes and they lose signal again. They are not on nbn, they are still on adsl. NBN is not available at their address.

Marty_M
Level 8: Inspector

Tell them to document when exactly the dropouts occur. And whether they correspond with some type of electromagnetic interference from an appliance in the home when in operation. 

As an example, I had a garage door motor that was getting old and causing my internet to drop out when my garage door was used and the adsl modem would resync. My family knew I was home when the internet dropped out in the afternoon.

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit