1SHADE1
Level 1: Cadet

No internet for nearly 6 months now.

So this might be more of a vent or perhaps a cautionary tale for others. I'm nearly at 6 months with no home internet. The 4g backup works on the modem however the 4g signal is absolutely atrocious, to actually get a signal (if lucky) I need to hang the modem outside a window (this is in a major regional centre).

Issue has been escalated to a TIO, Telstra has closed the complaint 3 times now with nothing been done, and the TIO is at level 3. Its gotten to the stage when Telstra call I go into zombie mode; yes I'll explain the nature of the problem, yes I'll turn the modem off, yes the DSL line is connected, yes I'll restart the modem and so forth and so forth. I recently checked how many hours Ive been on the phone to Telstra and it comes to nearly 52hrs.

Telstra representatives have blatantly lied, shifted responsibility, engaged in tricky subterfuge; at one point they told me I couldn't cancel all my services since I had an open order. 

I'll be the first to say Telstra have a great product . . . when working, but heaven forbid you fall into the dreaded customer service roundabout. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: No internet for nearly 6 months now.

Which regional centre is it?

Is the modem actually showing that you are getting a signal on the DSL port (assuming it's an FTTN connection)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Hi 1SHADE1.  Not good to hear that the whole process would be taking so long without result. Send us through a pm, so we can grab some more info, check what's happened and the best way forward.  - Glenn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Hi 1SHADE1. Are you still needing some help there?  - Glenn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit