roxi
Level 1: Cadet

No internet!! Red lights on modem

Please help....

I have a TG799 modem from telstra it has been working fine  for months up until today we had a storm and the power went on and off and since then the Status and internet lights are SOLID RED! 

Have rang telstra, done troubleshooting online, reset the modem but nothing as worked. We have dial tone on the home phone so that means the line is ok right?? 

Is the modem stuffed? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Tezz
Level 20: Director

Re: No internet!! Red lights on modem

Hi, Roxi,

Thank you for your question.

Yes, dial tone generally indicates a functional line (although not always the case). It could be one of many things to be honest. Maybe the internet is down, regardless of dial tone. Another scenario could be that there was a power surge due to lightning which may have corrupted your modem's firmware, or worst case, the modem has been damaged as a result of the surge. If you can get your hands on a different modem just to initiate the process of elimination, that would be a great start. Obviously if the other modem works, then you'll know what the problematic component is. If the other one doesn't work either, then you'd need to focus your attention on the line itself.

Good luck with it and let us know how you go.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
roxi
Level 1: Cadet

I have a DLink modem that I used in a different house but I cant remember the password to set it up and it wont reset, any ideas on how to get it to work?

Tezz
Level 20: Director

Try the following:

1.  Press the reset button on the side or back of the router with a paper clip or other thin object.
  2. Hold the button down for 10 seconds. Do not touch the power button during the reset process. Wait for the WLAN light to stop blinking.
  3. Open your Internet browse and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and press Enter.
  4. Type "admin" in the login ID box. Do not type anything in the password box. Close the window to apply the changes.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit