GP42
Level 1: Cadet

No Internet

I’ve had Telstra Broadband for years and honestly never had a strong connection but for a while it’s been much worse. It’s very slow and cuts out, now it’s not even working at all. My grand daughter lives with me and after playing games online the connection gets worse. It’s like we’ve run out of data and have to wait for it to reset but we have UNLIMITED DATA so that shouldn’t happen. Our old modem broke so She bought a new one (TP Link Archer VR300) because someone suggested it and honestly it’s not that good. We’ve tried resetting it, bought new cords and last night we unplugged it for the entire night hoping that it would work this morning but nothing. We’re at our wits end. My granddaughter pays for the internet cause I dont use it and she’s tired of paying money for something that’s not even decent quality. Can someone please help, we’re both technologically challenged so please use small words haha. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: No Internet

HI @GP42 

What type of internet connection do you have? I.E ADSL or NBN?

Are you able to post your modem stats?

Would look something like this...

DSL Status Up
DSL Uptime 18 hours 28 minutes 9 seconds
DSL Type VDSL2
DSL Mode Fast
Maximum Line rate 20.03 Mbps 35.43 Mbps
Line Rate 19.99 Mbps 34.39 Mbps
Data Transferred 321.46 MBytes 1485.85 MBytes
Output Power 8.8 dBm 12.1 dBm
Line Attenuation 5.7, 33.9, 53.9 dB 15.8, 44.1, 67.8 dB
Noise Margin 6.3 dB 6.7 dB

BTW, using a different brand of modem other than Telstra's means you can't take advantage of free unlimited local/national and mobile calls.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
GP42
Level 1: Cadet

I have no idea how to access those stats sorry. I have an adsl

Ozmoz

@GP42 wrote:

I have no idea how to access those stats sorry. I have an adsl

Hi @GP42 

Maybe someone who knows that modem can guide you through on how to obtain that info from your modem. That would be a great help to know what your connection is doing.

I thought you would be on ADSL due to your bad connection. Its not uncommon to have issues with that old system. Changing your modem does help to make sure its not a modem fault, so always handy to have a spare. But ADSL is prone to drop-outs etc the further you are away from the exchange (Apart from old wiring in the house etc)

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit