Me1951
Level 1: Cadet

No internet

I have been trying to sort out my broadband internet issue since the 12/5/21.  I have been on the phone to Telstra for hours and many hours on the 24/7 app. I have completed all the troubleshooting and now require a technician to come out to resolve the issue. I was told yesterday morning that a technician would be in contact within 4hours. I still haven’t heard anything and that was 15hrs ago. I have contacted Telstra again, 3 hours on the phone this morning and I still haven’t heard anything. Not good enough Telstra! 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: No internet

I would have been very surprised if someone had told me that a technician would contact me within 4 hours to repair a fault (unless you are a Priority Assistance customer).

• What type of connection do you have (ADSL, Cable, FTTN, FTTP, FW, HFC, Velocity)?
  • Which model modem do you have? If it's a Telstra Smart Modem, then unplug the cable to the WAN or DSL port and the 4G backup should kick in to give you internet in the interim until it gets fixed.
  • What colour are the lights on the modem?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Me1951

I have done all the troubleshooting ad nauseam and I have been directed to the wrong department and I have been put on hold with excessive wait times. I have been apologised to numerous times. I just need updates and some action. 

Jupiter

We can't do anything about that through this forum though as this is a customer 2 customer forum.

The only place to get that is through the chat or 132203.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Me1951

Okay. I have tried both those avenues. I am feeling very frustrated and don’t know where to go next to sort this problem. 

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@Me1951 wrote:

I am feeling very frustrated and don’t know where to go next to sort this problem. 

@Jupiter asked you 3 questions about your setup. Your next step could be to provide answers so he can help.

Jupiter

Yeah, I didn't mention that because their response gave me the impression that they didn't want my help.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit