LAAS
Level 1: Cadet

No lights on modem

Anyone else think my modem is the problem? I have power light and wifi light on but no others. Turning off and on and factory reset hasn't helped. Could the modem have had a power surge or something and been fried?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: No lights on modem

It is possible, but if it had suffered from a power surge I wouldn't expect it to turn on at all.

I suspect that your real problem may be with your incoming line.

Was it working previously, or have you just changed over to NBN?

Which model modem is it?

Assuming an FTTN service, the line from your wall socket should go in to the DSL socket on the modem. The phone handset goes in to the Green Phone socket.

If you log in to the homepage of the modem (http://10.0.0.138) and look at the Broadband connection stats, does it tell you that it is disconnected, or no signal?

If it was seeing a VDSL signal, I would expect the light closest to the front of the modem to be blue. It changes to Green when it registers to the network.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
LAAS
Level 1: Cadet

Re: No lights on modem

Thanks Jupiter. Yes it does say disconnected. I've contacted Telstra and they're looking at it. Thanks for response.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit