Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

No NBN Provisioning issue

Background

Applied for and got sent a NBN modem and FTTC modem. Plugged it in using self install instructions. All the lights came on OK but no internet.

How this is affecting me

I now have to work at home due to Covid 19 and the NBN does not work and also Telstra have now cut off my old ADSL connection, which was working just fine before I tried to get NBN working.

I do have back up mobile mode through the smart modem but have been told this has limited data and will run out at some point.

I am worried that I will have no internet at home. If I am not able to get online I will not be able to work and could possible lose my job and any way to make an income.

I understand these are exceptional times with Covid19 just heop someone at Telstra can read this message and be able to help me.

I have now called Telstra 5 times over last 10 days and no one can tell me when it is going to work and no one has called me back despite being told several times that someone would call me.

First call 11/03/2020

Spoke to someone at Telstra. They talked me through a few tests and checked the lights on modem. They told me

- service is not provisioned

- LDAP profile is missing

Was told this would be fixed within 3-5 days and a connection manager would call me when fixed. Never received a call. 

Call #2 18/03/2020

Now the old ADSL has been cut off 

Still no NBN

Was told how to use mobile mode to get internet over 4G

Explained to me that its still not set up right on Telstra end. Connections / faults team are looking into it

No one called me back

Call #3 18/03/2020 9pm

Tried again. Various modem restarts

After 1 hours confirmed there is still an issue

Told there is an issue with the network

Told it has been escalted to level 3 team

Told someone would call me back in 24 hours

No one called me back

Call #4 19/03/2020

After 1 hours confirmed there is still an issue

Told it has been sent to a case manager

given a ref no INC09071793

Call #5 21/03/2020

Confirmed there is still an issue

Told NBN pofile not created

Told I have to just 'wait'

Told connection teams have a ticket lodged and will call me

No one called me back

Contact #6 22/03/2020

Don't see the point in calling again today as no one has been able to help me so far on the phone

I understand the know that there is an issue but no idea when or if this will ever gets resolved

Trying the crowd support forum and will lodge a complain too in the hope that someone can look into the issue and fix it

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: No NBN Provisioning issue

Unfortunately crowdsupport isn't going to be able to assist with this.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

Many thanks for replying @343GuiltySpark

I understand the situation with Covid19 affecting everyone world wide. I just feel very anxious that a perfectly working ADSL connection has now been replaced by a non working NBN connection. Especially now with everything that is going on having an internet connection to be able work at home is very important. 

Can you offer an suggestions on how I communicate with Telstra for any tips on anything I can do/say when speaking to Telstra  to help try to resolve the issue?

• Should I ask for a Case Manager? Do they still offer these or it wont help?
  • Should I make a complaint?
  • Is there any way to escalate this to the right team by saying something when I speak to them?
  • Should I contact the ombudsman?
Highlighted

Telstras NBN case management team on 1800 824 273 will need to get this resolved. When you connect the white NBN NCD it sends a signal to the DPU to cut the ADSL conmection.

I would keep trying with the NBN case management team but you are able to raise a compalint to Telstra, probably looking at 5 or more business days at this stage due to complaints being affected in the Philippines and TIO from memory is 8-9 busienss days, they may have longer wait times as well due to staff in Australia being sick or an increased number of complaints.

For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

• Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

Many thanks  @343GuiltySpark for your advice.

I have lodged a complaint.

As suggested I will keep calling the Telstras NBN case management team on 1800 824 273 every one or two days - to ask them for updates.

Highlighted

Hi @343GuiltySpark many thanks for all your help

Can you tell me what a TIO is?

I have also tried 2 x more times to call the NBN help number 1800 824 273 as you suggested. Every time I call they send me through the same steps, check some things at their end. All the lights are on correctly on the modem but I still have non NBN.

I still have got no real answer from anyone at Telstra as to what the problem is and when or if anyone will call me back to explain when or if it will be fixed.

Should I be asking to speak to someone in the faults team? The connections team? Call nbn directly?

Is there a way to request a technician to come out and try to fix it? Will this help as I feel like the issue is at Telstra's end and having a technician physically here might not help.

I also lodged a complaint . The SR number is SR 1-2411263918448 . No one from the complaints team have called me back or contacted me to explain whats happening.

I have called Telstra seven times now and I don't know what else I can do.

Also just received a bill to pay although I have no nbn.

I can appreciate this is a busy time with reduced staff due to Covid19 but I just want some clear information about what is happening when I do actually speak to someone but no one has been able to offer any useful information yet

Highlighted

The TIO is the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsmen, it's essentially the highest level you can raise a compaint to.

The SR number you have is generally for a complaint and that can usually take 3-5 business days for a response from complaints though that may be longer at the moment due to covid 19. 

Your issue should have been escalated to level 2 for the LDAP profile to be created.

Highlighted

Thank you @343GuiltySpark for your clear answers.

Thank you for explaining what is the TIO.

It sounds like I should wait and see if I get a response from the complaints teams using the SR number. Hopefully in a few days.

Just tried again with the NBN helpline and gave up after 40 minutes on hold.

Highlighted

Hopefully its working soon.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

You are very lucky Telstra even sent you something...after 10 weeks all I get from them is lies, misinformation and nothing

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit