CMc7
Level 2: Rookie

No phone line or phone point

I chatted with Telstra support to find the best option to hook up home internet. I let the consultant know that we don't have a phone line or phone point and he recommended the Core Internet deal that we signed up for. In the documentation I've received now, it lists a NBN NCD Device being sent. As far as I can tell, this will need a phone point to plug into. Can you anyone clarify this for me, please? We have fibre to curb available.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

Re: No phone line or phone point

Hi CMc7, did you end up getting this one sorted in the end?

Sing out if not and we'll take a look Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

CMc7

It's still not sorted out. We waiting for a technician to install a phone point at the moment, even though I confirmed 3 times with the consultant that we wouldn't need one. We could have had it done while we waited for the hardware to arrive, if we'd been given the correct information in the first place. Communicating with Telstra has been an absolute joke. No department seems to know what the other is doing or saying and they don't have access to previous calls. I've read a copy of the initial chat transcript out to 3 different consultants now. Each call takes over an hour to be answered. I don't know if we were lied to or if the consultant hasn't been trained appropriately but I'm bummed that we signed a contract with Telstra at all. 

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

I agree this should have been handled much smoother, we appreciate your efforts in chasing this up. Has this technician been booked as yet or were you going to be contacted when an appointment is available?

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

CMc7

The technician has been booked twice and cancelled on us once.  

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

OK I understand, I apologise this first appointment was not met. Have they booked you a new appointment and you were just waiting for this date? - Ryan

CMc7

It's not a Telstra technician. I was told by two Telstra consultants that we had to book our own technician, which has proven difficult.

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

Oh I see, my apologies. When is the next appointment booked for?

- Ryan

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

If you have received you Telstra Smart Modem 2 already, you can plug that in and it will switch to 4G Backup mode until the technician has done his bit and you have an internet service to connect with..  4G Backup is possibly slower than what you have ordered but will do basic stuff - email, browsing and even streaming of one service..  depends how many devices you have connected..

once you get into 4G Backup mode you may need to tweak some modem settings for best operations, but that can only be determined once you are running - and knowing the modem make/model helps us to help you..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
CMc7

Tomorrow afternoon

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you. Please let us now how this appointment goes CMc7. We are still here 24x7.

- Ryan

iPat91
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @CMc7 how'd you go with your appointment? Has everything been sorted?

CMc7

We had the technician here all morning. The connections from the pole to the house and the house to the new phone socket are working but the connection device is not. After turning everything on and off numerous times and placing the device and router in different spots to ensure the signal is strong enough, I still don't have any connection. Following the troubleshooting guide, I went to fix.telstra.com. This lead me into a chat. I'm now waiting for someone from NBN technical support to chat with me. The expected wait time is 15 minutes. I would prefer to talk to someone but the favoured communication seems to be to chat. 

CMc7

At the moment, the connection light on the device is cycling between flashing red and flashing blue. Only the power light is solid blue.

CMc7

Now the chat session has timed out before the technical support person came on the line and I can't log back in.

Emily99
Support Team
Support Team

If you're struggling with our chat team @CMc7 - you can also reach us on 132200

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit