Sjontori
Level 1: Cadet

NO SOLID BLUE LIGHTS ON NBN FTTC CONNECTION BOX

AS A RESULT OF ELECTRICAL STORMS IN THE AREA ON 15/01/2021 THERE ARE NO SOLID BLUE LIGHTS SHOWING ON THE NBN FTTC CONNECTION BOX.  

THERE IS NO GREEN LIGHT SHOWING ON THE TELSTRA MODEM FOR WAN/DSL

AS A RESULT I AM NO LONGER CONNECTED TO THE NBN AND I AM IN BACK UP MODE.

HAVE CONTACTED TELSTRA AND NBN BUT AM STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SPEAK WITH ME.

TELSTRA SENT A TEXT MESSAGE AND ADVISED TO GO TO THE SMART TROUBLE SHOOTING PAGE BUT THE SMART TROUBLE SHOOTING DOES NOT SUPPORT FTTC ISSUES.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS?

THANK YOU

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NO SOLID BLUE LIGHTS ON NBN FTTC CONNECTION BOX

I afraid there are no quick fixes for this. This is a common fault after an electrical storm and will require a visit from a NBN tech to investigate and fix fault. The NBN NTD or the DPU in the street is probably faulty and will require replacing.

Sjontori

Thank you cf4.   I suspected that it was either the connection box or the node.  

I am waiting for a reply both from Telstra and NBN.   Its been over a week now.

Delorian
Level 2: Rookie

I had exactly the same issue from these storms. After leaving it plugged in and trying for 48 hours (and having reset etc) it finally worked.  Now my modem shows a blue light still - although it still appears to be working. Telstra gave me an appointment with an NBN consultant but later texted to say the fault appeared to have gone so appointment cancelled.  It’s most frustrating not being able, for love nor money, to connect to someone from Telstra to discuss.  So my suggestion is, while you wait for the tech to come, keep it plugged in an on, trying to power up

Sjontori

I ended up ringing Telstra again on 132200 to complain about no one getting in contact.   I was virtually connected immediately to an operator and they organized a tech from NBN to come out the following day.   It turns out that the

FTTC connection box was faulty (apparently a common problem after electrical storms according to the technician).

The box was replaced and I am now back online.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit