Kraykray
Level 2: Rookie

No Support, No response, No customer service

I have tried to contact Telstra Customer Service on a number of occasions the last 6 months and I keep getting the online chat service.  Even after the chats and physically going into a Telstra store, no one will help or get back to you and sort out my queries. Have been overcharged, what to change my NBN service and Foxtel package and not getting anywhere. I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years. But I am now at the point where I am going to take my business elsewhere. Is there anyone employed by Telstra anymore to actually talk to?  Do they not care about the terrible customer service they are providing their customers? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: No Support, No response, No customer service

Unfortunately the Message based chat is now Telstra preferred means of support - how that decision was made or by whom, is not public knowledge and we, the poor unfortunate customers who partly fund the business are the ones who suffer most. It is a sad situation and well below par for the likes of Telstra (but I feel Optus is going the same way albeit with a better implementation)..  many people here would agree with your sentiments..

If you are not getting any joy with trying to solve your problem, you best option probably is to lodge a complaint - especially if you have references and details of your previous attempts to get a resolution..  

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks, KrayKray. You can see options to modify your existing services inside the mytelstra app, in the 'Services' tab. Did you have any questions about the different offers? - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Kraykray

It is hard to change options on NBN and Foxtel when you have been given different prices to what is shown online.  It is also hard to request a credit when you can't speak to someone about an overpayment.  Unless someone can call me, then stop wasting my time.

Ozmoz

@Kraykray wrote:

It is hard to change options on NBN and Foxtel when you have been given different prices to what is shown online.  It is also hard to request a credit when you can't speak to someone about an overpayment.  Unless someone can call me, then stop wasting my time.

Hi @Kraykray 

During business hours 8am to 5pm M-F try calling 13 22 00 and say "disconnection" to the bot lady. Or "Chat to a consultant" (That works on the app, not sure on the phone). But you should be able to get through to "Billing" (By saying that) but can be long delays.

The Disconnection team has more authority over plan offers.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Kraykray

Thanks.  I'll try that tomorrow 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit