InPerth
Level 2: Rookie

Not downloading URL when surfing internet AGAIN

This is the 2nd time I've had this problem in a fortnight. Last time I brought it up I was advised to do the usual such as reboot modem, etc. I had already done all the troubleshooting to no avail. However after doing an isolation test it did improve although there was nothing wrong with my setup and it remained the same after the isolation test as it had before.

Today the problem has begun again. The URLs I go to either do not load or take up to a minute to fully load.

WHAT'S WRONG BIGPOND? The trouble lies with you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
chrodo
Level 9: Captain

Re: Not downloading URL when surfing internet AGAIN

Have you tryed a factory re-set of the modem(usealy a button hidden in a hole on the back of your modem)?

FTTN Tech. Appinions are my own.
InPerth

I did all that, thanks chrodo. I eventually telephoned support (a very long process) and we managed to sort it out. I did not realise but I was not getting all my emails through either and when it was sorted, about 100 emails flooded into my mailbox Smiley Happy

Regards

Esther
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Good to hear InPerth, are you able to advise here what it was that you did to fix this so our Community can be aware if this happens to them in future?

thanks Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

InPerth

Hi Esther (nice name), not sure, I called Bigpond helpline and we discussed the problem and what I had previously done to try and sort it out, then I was put through to a Mac guru who took control of my computer. He talked me through whay he was doing - mostly with the modem - and voila, things began to happen.

Sorry, I can't give specifics.

Esther
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Ahh no worries, thanks for the update though Smiley Happy Glad it's all fixed!  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit