Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Old ADSL provider still wanting to connect

Answered

I have recently switched to Telstra NBN FTTN with a smart modem. I have been using my previous ADSL ISP for the first week with the new modem and everything was fine. I then cancelled that service to rely on the backup 4g with the modem until my NBN appointment. However, when trying to connect, it keeps on wanting to connect to my previous ISP which has now been cancelled. Is there a way to bypass this log on to get to the Telstra log on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Old ADSL provider still wanting to connect

If you disconnect the DSL port on the modem it should automatically connect to the Telstra 4 G back. There is no need to log in. If not automatically connecting you could try factory resetting the modem by pressing reset button for at least 10 seconds. Reset button is located on back of modem near LAN port 2.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If you disconnect the DSL port on the modem it should automatically connect to the Telstra 4 G back. There is no need to log in. If not automatically connecting you could try factory resetting the modem by pressing reset button for at least 10 seconds. Reset button is located on back of modem near LAN port 2.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your response cf4, much appreciated. I have unplugged the DSL cord and can login to the Telstra modem settings. WiFi seems to work with it disconnected and using the 4G. Have NBN appointment this Friday so hopefully no issues moving onto FTTN after that. Thanks again 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit