G-Mac
Level 2: Rookie

order keeps getting canceled

Answered

So ive been trying to get my new place hooked up to the internet but my orders always seem to get cancelled without my knowledge.

I've tried to contact Telstra but am not getting anywhere.

has anyone else had this issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: order keeps getting canceled

It can happen.

A couple of reasons why:

• Failed Credit Check (credit check is done automatically if it hasn't been done in the past couple of years, or since the code was updated).
  • No ADSL ports available (if in non-NBN area)
  • NBN Co will cancel an order if they did not install enough equipment to allow the premises to be connected to the NBN.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

RxF
Accepted Solution

Was in the same boat as you many years - was living in a small community and knew the local Telstra techs very well. Turned out there were no provisioning errors (all the hardware, ports and cabling was available). Problem was that some muppet in Mumbai had mis-typed my address in to the system and then muppet number 2 couldn't find my address on Google Maps so they cancelled the order without telling anyone (least of all the customer). Suggest that you contact Teslstra and when the useless robots asks you to tel them in a few words what you are calling about say "DISCONNECTION" this will normally get you through to an AUSTRALIAN BASED staff member who A) speaks English, B) is focussed upon keeping you as a Telstra and is therefore C) going to try and resolve your issue. (Big Brother telstra may well delete this reply because they don't want people annoying the Australian based disconnections teams as they can employ teams of ignorant script readers in off-shore call centres for a fraction of the cost of one competent person in Australia - but I digress). Give it a crack anyway as these folk can actually escalate issues and get things done. I was connected within 24 hours and the credits I recieved were substantial.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

It can happen.

A couple of reasons why:

• Failed Credit Check (credit check is done automatically if it hasn't been done in the past couple of years, or since the code was updated).
  • No ADSL ports available (if in non-NBN area)
  • NBN Co will cancel an order if they did not install enough equipment to allow the premises to be connected to the NBN.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

G-Mac

Thank you

there is an ADSL port 

I shouldn't be failing and credit checks

unfortunately I cannot get access to NBN which is why ive been trying to get connected to ADSL

Jupiter

The only time that you can find out is there is an available port at the exchange is when you place an order for connection. You can't find out ahead of time (anybody who tells you that is telling fibs). That lack of port availability is the most likely reason why the order was cancelled.

RxF
Accepted Solution

Was in the same boat as you many years - was living in a small community and knew the local Telstra techs very well. Turned out there were no provisioning errors (all the hardware, ports and cabling was available). Problem was that some muppet in Mumbai had mis-typed my address in to the system and then muppet number 2 couldn't find my address on Google Maps so they cancelled the order without telling anyone (least of all the customer). Suggest that you contact Teslstra and when the useless robots asks you to tel them in a few words what you are calling about say "DISCONNECTION" this will normally get you through to an AUSTRALIAN BASED staff member who A) speaks English, B) is focussed upon keeping you as a Telstra and is therefore C) going to try and resolve your issue. (Big Brother telstra may well delete this reply because they don't want people annoying the Australian based disconnections teams as they can employ teams of ignorant script readers in off-shore call centres for a fraction of the cost of one competent person in Australia - but I digress). Give it a crack anyway as these folk can actually escalate issues and get things done. I was connected within 24 hours and the credits I recieved were substantial.

G-Mac

ah now thats the part the lovely people on the other end of the phone weren't telling me.

Last I was speaking to was Vladimir from sales yesterday and they said it was all good it'll be on by thurdays at the latest, checked the app to see if they put a tracking number for the modem and that when I saw it got cancelled again

RxF

Ring Sales again - give them all the order and tracking numbers - ask each staff member you speak yo give you their Delta Number (this is their Telstra employee number and their customer charter requires them to provide any time they are asked) then tell them to sort their end out or you will be taking the matter to the Ombudsman and Current Affair (in that order) and that their name and Delta Number will be loud and proud.

Watch them scramble to resolve your issue at that point.

G-Mac

I have since taken this matter to the telecommunications Obunsman they got in contact with me on Monday thats when Vladimir from sales set it up but it got cancelled again.

its stating to get beyond the joke.

RxF

Back to the Ombudsman I am afraid. Unless you could get the service you are after from someone else...

G-Mac

yeah looks like it sadly

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit