CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Outage at Croydon 2132 - router loses PPPoA connection twice daily and requires reboot?

Just this past week our router has started dropping its PPPoA connection (i.e. router displays all ADSL port settings as blank) a couple of times every day and needs a reboot to re-establish. This happened about 18 months ago but took over a month to settle down by itself. Anything going on in the local area?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Outage at Croydon 2132 - router loses PPPoA connection twice daily and requires reboot?

hi JonGuyer

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy 

There are no reported issues for your area at the present time, however I will alert our Social Media Tech Team to make contact with you, once they arrive at work for the day, so they can investigate your concerns in more detail for you.

-   Lindy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Outage at Croydon 2132 - router loses PPPoA connection twice daily and requires reboot?

Hi JonGuyer,

Having to restart your computer twice a day is far from ideal. It could be that there is a fault with the line or the modem itself. In an ideal world you would be able to connect an alternative ADSL modem to help narrow the scope of the troubleshooting, but not many people keep a spare modem around just in case. I have a few suggestions on stroubleshooting. 

Have you tried configuring your modem with PPPoE instead? This is a default configuration in the Technicolor modems now supplied by BigPond. 

As always with disconnection issues, we recommend customers perform an isolation test as described here: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-perform-an-Isolation-Test/ta-p/5501...

I would also suggest performing a factory default on the modem, but this will mean that any personalised settings will need to be reconfigured. 

If you still experience difficulties, can you advise if the disconnections happen around the same time each day?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit