Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Outage

We had an internet and landline outage in Glenorie from 12th February to 14th March 2020  When I call Telstra to request a credit, as my case manager advised, I am redirected to my online account.

In my online account, when I request a credit, I get a message that Telstra is not aware of any outage and cannot issue a credit.

How do I claim my credit?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Outage

Did you report the outage to Telstra at the time (there are not automated systems in place that record those events)?

If you had a case manager, do you have a reference number that you can supply to the Billing Team to corroborate that there was an outage? If so, use the messaging function in the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help Screen) and send a message that has your Full Name and that you are requesting a credit for an internet outage from the 12th February to 14th March 2020 with reference to complaint {insert reference number}.

It will take a little while to receive a response (in the hours/couple of days range) due to reduced staffing.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Outage

Had the same problem and pretty much similar time frame.

I was told I could pay or withhold payment of landline component on the bill that was due, silly me I paid the lot thinking there would be no landline charges next month and there was, so I didn't pay those, now another month has passed and they still want the outstanding part that they never supplied. I'm on phone waiting again, 60 mins is enough to wait.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit