CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Outages

I have experienced internet dropout for nearly two weeks, off a lot more than on.

it looks like Telstra has a big problem with the same issues around the country.

Even their outages page has stopped working for me. I want credit from them because I’m not getting a service I have paid for. I have had no luck with ringing them. Looks like I will be looking at Optus cable. FIX IT

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Outages

If you haven't reported the problem, then it is harder to get compensation.

On your mobile, go to https://fix.telstra.com and run through the troubleshooting (it can do some remote checks) and then call the number that is shows at the end (after noting the reference number that it gives you, otherwise you will need to do the troubleshooting again).

If it turns out to be a problem with the network, then you should be able to be credited for the time that it wasn't working.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Outages

Thanks, there is an outage for my area it’s not my house that’s the problem. I have been in touch with Telstra over the phone all there going to do is send me a new modem that has a SIM card that’s fine but I still can’t use Foxtels benefits, It’s been like this for nearly 2 weeks. They can’t give me answers but they will still take my money.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit