Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Pair gain debacle

Desperately looking for help in regards to problems with pair gain infrastructure.

When we moved into our brand new house 17 years ago (newest house on street) we were asked by Telstra if we could share our telephone line with our neighbours as they were having trouble with theirs.

We were told by Telstra staff that there would not be any trouble with our telephone line then or in the future and that we would not even know that we were sharing a line. HOW WRONG THEY WERE!!!

We have a very thick file with Telstra in regards to a crossed line (conversations), line very crackly or dropping out midway through conversations and in the last few years unable to get access to ADSL because of the Pair Gain line.

We have to go wireless and this costs the earth. We have only had 8GB because of this and this download is definitely not enough. Telstra reduced the cost for us but as we really need to upgrade we can't afford to pay $160/mth for 25GB when we would only have to pay $113/mth for 500GB ADSL - IF WE COULD ACCESS IT.

According to Telstra staff we can't get a new line into our house and we are stuck with the Pair Gain system. As far as we are concerned, it has been Telstra's problem from the start - advising us that we would not have any problems and that they should offer us a Custom service for 50GB at the ADSL price. (25GB a mth is nowhere near enough for the average family household).

Can anyone please advise us on what our next move could be in regards to this matter - where else we can turn to for help????

Thanking you.

Carol

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Pair gain debacle

Sorry to hear that Carol,

If you are on a pair gain line there and it is possible for us to move you over to one that is capable of getting ADSL, then when you submit an order for ADSL we will do that for you without charge. However if it isn't possible then it isn't possible I'm sorry to say. I would recommend giving us a call on 132200 to put in an ADSL order and go from there.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Pair gain debacle

Thanks Dylan for replying.

I will try your suggestion next week and see how we go.

Fingers crossed.

Carol

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit