Level 1: Cadet

Pair Gain.

Hey guys, i have been trying to get ADSL/ADSL 2+ but i have no success due to that i have a "Pair Gain" system. I try to apply ADSL/ADSL 2+ from different companies but they said i cannot i get boardband.  I also asked the telestra service team to remove the pair gain system for me but the Telestra service team has no idea what is a Pair Gain. HELP ANYBODY?!?! I NEED FAST INTERNET FOR WORK AND GAMING! 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Pair Gain.

So I assume you have tried the bigpnod path? It normally creates a little magic.

Cheers,
Dave

Community Alumni (Retired)

Pair Gain is not something put on a service that can simply be "removed".

If you have a landline service activated, please put your phone number into http://www.pacific.net.au/servicequal/ and post back the results without your number present Smiley Happy

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Is this it? 

Compatibility Check:passedCompatibility Result:B2B Service Number: 0296714228 Product Compatibility: DSL-L2 DSL-L2 compatible with existing productsSQ Check:failedSQ Result:B2B SQ: DSL-L2 Service Number: 0296714228 SQ Response: Manual SQ Results Result: 256Kbps/64Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y003 , Product is supported Result: 512Kbps/512Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y003 , Product is supported Result: 512Kbps/128Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y003 , Product is supported Result: 1.5Mbps/256Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y003 , Product is supported Result: Open 1 (Zone 1) , Pass , Y003 , Product is supported Result: Open 2 (Zone 1) , Manual , M203 , No Free CAN DSL Ports. SQ results returned from Telstra's core systems are inconclusive. Please submit a request in SQ delayed mode for manual assessment by Telstra Wholesale Limiting Factors: Open 2 (Zone 1) Line Interface: No ADSL Ports Primary Network: Incompatible Infrastructure Element 

You are able to get ADSL1 high speed (up to 8mbps) on any provider that used Telstra DSLAMs (including Bigpond).

New Users - Click Here!

OK THANKS Smiley Happy By the way, can you please list the main providers that uses Telstra DLSAMs? And is there anything i need to do before i apply to get adsl? 

As this is a Telstra forum, have you considered Bigpond?

New Users - Click Here!

What are the Bigpond Adsl plans? And is there any special discounts if i have a Telstra phoneline? 

http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/home-broadband-bigpond-elite-plans/index.htm or https://onlineshop.telstra.com.au/bundles/ for details. You do receive a $20 discount off the full price for having a Telstra Home Phone and connecting for 24 months.

New Users - Click Here!

Level 2: Rookie

what does this mean ???

Qualification results...

AAPT
Exchange code:TARR
Exchange service area:TARR
Distance to exchange:4071
DSL codes on line:false

Type Method Speed SQ Reference Result Outcomes

SSSAAPT ADSL2+Up to 24Mbps/1Mbps (Annex A)12867620FAIL
Was service qualified by Telstra successfully? PASS
Is current deterministic qualification data available? PASS
Is the exchange enabled for the provider? FAIL
Is the requested service in a pair gain area? PASS
Are there ports available? FAIL
What is the deployment class for this access method? PASS
Has an order for the FNN been rejected in the last week? PASS
Does cease sale apply due to NBN? PASS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bobbi

As this is not a Telstra related service check I can only guess, but by the looks of it your availability check has come back as failed. I expect this indicates you're unable to connect to ADSL at least with that provider, I would recommend speaking with the provider directly for clarification. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

I have the same problem.  I used to be on TPG and they said I couldn't get ADSL2+ due to paired gains.  At the time I had Naked ADSL 8mbps, but rarely got anywhere near that speed.

I called Telstra, they said we can try to upgrade the connection if you sign up for a 2 year Bigpond plan.  Which I did anyway because bundling made it a pretty good deal.

Anyway, Telstra cannot fix the line.  Aparently its a problem with the exchange and I have to wait for a "slot" at the local exchange to become available.

My internet speeds are intermittent - often on the weekend and at night, its incredibly slow.  Skype or video calls? forget about it!  From what I've gathered, Paired Gains means you basically share copper with the neighbor - it means the developer cheaped out.  Instead of installing dedicated copper to each house, they piggy-backed you with your neighbor.

I really hope Telstra can do something about this.  Mornington isn't exactly on the NBN 3-year rollout Smiley Wink

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit