Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Panasonic DMR-PWT560

I have a Panasonic DMR-PWT560 DVD Player/Recorder that in the past has worked fine on the network & internet.

I tried it for the first time with the NBN using a Telstra supplied gateway DJA0230 & whilst the recorder shows that it has connected via wireless it does not give access to the internet.

I have tried auto config on the DVD & also manual setup where I obtained my IP address & inserted it manually along with the Subnet Mask, Default Gateway but get the same result.

It clearly shows that it connects via the wireless but does not allow access to the internet.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Panasonic DMR-PWT560

When you have set the IP address manually, have you used the 192.168.1.# range of the new modem. Older Telstra modems were using the 10.0.0.# range
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

When setting a static IP address what did you use as DNS. If you used 192.168.0.1 try changing to google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) or opendns (208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220)

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply. On my computer at the command prompt I did an ipconfig & obtained the IP address which is 192.168.0.248, Sub Mask 255.255.255.0 & the default Gateway 192.168.0.1 all of which I manually entered into the DVD wireless setup but the result was the same.

I am not really very experienced in this so I have been reading & trying as much as I can on the subject to try & solve my problem. Interestingly when I do an auto setup on the DVD it assigns a different IP address 169.254.165.24 & Sub Mask 255.255.0.0 but no Gateway address.

Highlighted

You can't have two devices with same IP address on the LAN. Try setting a static IP address with same gateway and subnet mask but different last three digits for the Panosonics IP address.

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately after trying the above suggestions it still did not work, it passes the IP test & the wireless connection test but fails to connect to the internet.
Highlighted

Thank you, I changed the last 3 digits & still no luck.
Out of frustration & tried the auto setup again which allocated a different IP & in the past it did not allocate a Gateway Address but this time it has but it still doesn't work. It is as though there is a setting in the gateway that blocks its access!
Highlighted

Try turning off IPv6 in the modem. To do this log into the modem http://192.168.0.1 and go to Advanced > Local Network, remove tick next to IPv6, save settings and then try reconnecting the DVR.

If still not working log into the gateway and disable WiFi band steering by goint to the 2.4GHz WiFi settings and removing tick next to Band steering. This will result in the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz WiFi bands having different SSIDs.

Highlighted

Thank you for all your suggestions. In the meantime my NBN went down although it had been working fine with my computer & laptop. I reset my modem & computers with no luck so I called Telstra who conducted a number of tests over about 20 minutes & re-established my connection.

I then tried my DVD player & low & behold it worked so the only conclusion I can make is that there must have been an issue with my NBN & the gateway even though my two computers worked OK?

I will test it from time to time to see if it continues to work OK.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit