Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Paying for speeds I can't get

Answered

I am paying for a 50MPS download speed but have been told by Telstra that we can only achieve 30MPS. I am happy enough with 30 but don't want to pay $90 for a speed we can't achieve. Can I get a rebate on the $90 to reflect the lesser speed? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Paying for speeds I can't get

Not worried about the data, we would never use the 500 gigs, but I don’t want to lose ANY speed. We are currently getting 30 ish and I don’t want to jeopardise that. I am asking for a rebate from the $90 we are paying. You can give me only 500 gbs if you like but I want to keep the speed I am getting.

@Jupiter wrote:

You could drop back to the plan that has the 25Mbps Speed tier, but it only includes 500GB of data.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You could drop back to the plan that has the 25Mbps Speed tier, but it only includes 500GB of data.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Not worried about the data, we would never use the 500 gigs, but I don’t want to lose ANY speed. We are currently getting 30 ish and I don’t want to jeopardise that. I am asking for a rebate from the $90 we are paying. You can give me only 500 gbs if you like but I want to keep the speed I am getting.

@Jupiter wrote:

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@stevie78 wrote:

@Jupiter wrote:

Hi @stevie78 

The tier speed used to be just 25Mbps but Telstra upped it to 50Mbps for the same price. So you are actually getting more than you otherwise would have.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit