humboldt23
Level 1: Cadet

PC crashes when connecting to NBN modem with TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCI adaptor

Answered

I am finding an incompatibility between our PC and our NBN modem. It used to work with the TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCI adapter, then one day started crashing intermittently, often on wake-up.

Drivers changed/updated, Windows updated. Didn't help.

Windows system event = Bugcheck Error 1001.

PC vendor suggested that it is a Telstra issue where some sort of setting needs to be switched off on the modem.

Anybody encounter this at all ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: PC crashes when connecting to NBN modem with TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCI adaptor

I have seen this problem before and it was caused by a new WiFi security enhancement (Protected Management Frames) that was added to the Telstra Smart modems a couple of months ago. Suggest you try disabling PMF.  There is information about PMF and how to disable in this WiKi.

WiFi issues due to Protected Management Frames - Telstra CrowdSupport - 900478

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

Re: PC crashes when connecting to NBN modem with TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCI adaptor

I have seen this problem before and it was caused by a new WiFi security enhancement (Protected Management Frames) that was added to the Telstra Smart modems a couple of months ago. Suggest you try disabling PMF.  There is information about PMF and how to disable in this WiKi.

WiFi issues due to Protected Management Frames - Telstra CrowdSupport - 900478

View solution in original post

humboldt23
Level 1: Cadet

Will try it out, thanks alot !!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit