hjhylyutkhmytu
Level 1: Cadet

Phone disconnects when home phones used

I've tried all 3 sockets, different modem, filters and isolation testing.

I also connected the modem without any phones connected and tried ringing... no disconnect.

Using ethernet doesn't work, Internet comes up as red regardless.

1 Cordless & 1 Corded phone.

These are the sockets.

Wiring problem into the house? I have no static on either phones.

Cheers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Phone disconnects when home phones used

The only time I have seen something like that occurring is where one socket is wired as a master socket, which then disconnects the others when it is answered.

I can't sy that I have seen that sort of behaviour from a three socket setup where each socket exhibits that behaviour. It could be possible, depending on how the wiring was setup.  All I can suggest is to get a tech out do have a look at the wiring. Would be a paid job as the line is technically functional. It's been a long time since I saw a setup like that, I'd have to go back to my notes (wherever they are) to figure out the wiring configuration.

These sortss of setups were done in the 70's and 80's where people wanted to use 1 phone in their house without other people being able to listen in.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Qy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Phone disconnects when home phones used

There could be a problem with one of your phones.

Have you tried to connect one of phone only to see if the problem is still there?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit