Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Phone line is dead

If you have to contact Telstra Support you have to phone them, or use the chat function in the Get help section of the My Telstra app.

There is a Telstra page regarding your very issue at https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/home-phone/fix-your-home-phone-problem 

Telstra also have a troubleshooting page that could help you, at https://fix.telstra.com.au/

In addition, if your phone is connected to an NBN modem you could try restarting it.

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

If you have a Telstra smart modem 2, connected to an NBN service, then unplug the WAN (red) or DSL (grey) cable from the back of the modem and wait 5 minutes or so. The modem should switch to 4G back up mode with a solid blue indicator on the front. Then try your phone and internet again.

If not, can you advise the colour of all lights on the modem (front and back) and also on any other connected device (NBN equipment or modem for example). Also advise the make model of the modem (label on the bottom) and the NBN devices.

To contact Telstra as @Dowser suggests, you can use the My Telstra app on your mobile.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
SteveW_52

Just so you know..  this is CrowdSupport - customers helping customers in a forum that has no billing or account support. It is not a formal Telstra support channel.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit