CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Poor nbn speed

Got an email about 2 months ago from telstra saying that we would need to change from cable to nbn before too long. So we thought ok why not. After about 3 weeks the technician sorted it all out and we had nbn. It wasn’t until a few days later that we realised the speed drop that we now currently have had since the nbn was installed. We went from 110mbps on cable to max 45mbps on nbn. This is ridiculous. I know 45 is still not to bad but the drop is well over double. I don’t think I’ll be sticking with telstra after this. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Poor nbn speed

Adam,

What actual speed plan are you on with NBN?

Also, have you taken the Speed Boost option?

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Poor nbn speed

When you switch from Cable to NBN, you lose the free speedboost that Telstra was giving you.

The standard speed plan for NBN is 50Mbps. If you want 100Mbps, you will need to request the speedboost ($30 per month courtesy of the way NBN Co charges).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit