Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Pop3 email only working on 4g backup

Hi I'm currently having issues with my emails. I can only send and receive emails through live mail & outlook when my modem is in the 4g backup mode. When on the adls connection it keeps throwing me errors. Is this a modem issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Pop3 email only working on 4g backup

On 4G backup the modem only has an IPv6 address on the WAN. On an ADSL connection modem only has an IPv4 address. This shouldn't cause a problem with email. What model modem do you have?

Highlighted

Hi I'm using the Gen 2 smart modem. Evetthing was working fine then all of a sudden this issue happened.

Highlighted

it could be a line fault. have you done a speed test on a online site such as https://www.speedtest.net/. A low upload speed could cause errors with sending mail.

Highlighted

Hi I its not registering for a upload speed only download of 3.7mbps. With the 4g backup im getting 2 uploaded. 

Highlighted

You could try turning modem off for a few minutes ànd then back on. If speed still slow contact support and lodge a fault.

Highlighted

Yeah I will have to put it down to that.  I have factory reset the modem and also tried another one but no luck. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit