CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Possible nbn scam

Answered

I just got a phone call from someone claiming they were with the NBN saying my modem had unauthorised connections and needed me to be on my computer to  access the modem and deal with what ever the issue is. Is this a legit thing, or s should I just ignore it as a scam?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Possible nbn scam

Scam. 

Telstra, NBN, Microsoft etc etc will have absolutely NO IDEA if you even have any issues unless you call and say so. Just hang up. They will never call you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Scam. 

Telstra, NBN, Microsoft etc etc will have absolutely NO IDEA if you even have any issues unless you call and say so. Just hang up. They will never call you.

View solution in original post

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

It is a scam. They will probably try to get you to install malicious software on your PC. I have received many similar calls over the years some threatening to disconnect the internet and have ignored all without the internet being disconnected.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I literally never answer calls now if I don't know them, if it's important they will leave a message, I love the car crash  scam, I legally can't drive as I am a medically discharged military veteran, unbeleivable

Michael H

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit