CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Possible Scam call from NBN

Answered

I just received a recorded message from an 0888432498 purporting to be from the NBN threatening to disconnect my NBN. Is anyone else getting this and is this legit. I don't listen to the complete message but I suspect it will ask me to press a number to transfer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Possible Scam call from NBN

No, it's no legit. NBN Co will never call you like that (or ever call you unless you have managed to get through their "we don't deal with the general public" rule).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

No, it's no legit. NBN Co will never call you like that (or ever call you unless you have managed to get through their "we don't deal with the general public" rule).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Technical Support
Technical Support

I know this is a late reply Ragaroth, but another thing you can do if these calls continue, is call our Unwelcome Calls team on 1800805996 and have the number blocked from calling you. We can also add blocking for incoming international calls which can help to reduce scam calls too - if you don't have friends or family who would be calling you from overseas. Telstra also has a handset called the Call Guardian phone which can help you screen calls. You can have it set to 'announce' mode and in this way, any caller you don't want to accept, you can block.

I am a member of the Telstra Unwelcome Calls Team.
If you would like to contact us online: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/UNWELCOME-CALLS-INITIAL-ENQUIRY-FORM."

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Faerie

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit