sane
Level 1: Cadet

problem sending email - server error 5.5.3 CHKuser

We use outlook for our email  through a non-telstra mail server. We connect via a Telstra wireless 3G modem from either our desktop or my laptop. We have no problem receiving email and I can send email from my laptop. When i try to send email from the desktop, I get the message

Server error: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser)' for every message irrespective of who the recipient is. I don't know where the problem lies - with Telstra or the email host?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

Re: problem sending email - server error 5.5.3 CHKuser

Sane, sounds like a SMTP server conflick.

Go into your email settings and make sure that your Outgoing mail server is set the same as your incoming mail server.(normally something like  mail.bigpond.com

Check on your laptop the incoming and outgoing settings and then check on the desktop that they match.

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit