Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Problems with Broadband Cable and livestream of Swann security video

In the process of switching to Broadband Cable however livestream of Swann security video is so poor it's unusable. Only picks up 1 of the 5 feeds with other feeds reporting 'open time out'. Unsurprisingly it streams as expected on ADSL2+.

Any advice before I cancel Cable and go back to ADSL2+.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Problems with Broadband Cable and livestream of Swann security video

Have your ports been correctly forwarded on the Cable modem?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks, Will check it out. Was hoping to not use port forwarding given it wasn't required on ADSL2+.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Have you checked the speed of your connection at http://www.speedtest.net/.  If you have a high end camera they will require an upload spead of at least 0.25 Mb/s per camera for viewing and 3 Mb/s for recording. The standard cable upload speed is 1 Mb/s. With speed boost  this can be increased to an upload speed of 2 Mb/s

Highlighted

Thanks, port forwarding is not required....it's simply the poor performance of streaming content on cable vs the previous ADSL2, which is at odds as the reported speed tests shows higher throughput on cable. I  might upgrade for 1 month to fast cable to see if there's a difference.. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit