mlw2go
Level 1: Cadet

Product quality and customer servie - The Telstra myth.....

I have an ongoing investigation with the TIO with regards to the commisioning of my NBN service back in Feburary.

Summary:

On scheduled cutover date home phone was disconnected but technician was unable to connect to NBN.  We were left without service for 11 days with a new excuse every day.  Promised compensation has never been forthcoming.

As per the TIO disputed bills should not be demanded or actions taken in result of non-payment.

Dispite this I had continued to pay my bills until last month where we were without NBN for 8 days dur to another national outage.  The quality of the service (product) since Feb has been less than promised - speed, outages, home phone not ringing, etc.

Current:

Last month I decided not to pay the bill (see above) and 1 day later my service was barred.  I made a call explaining the situation and was told that the issue would be resolved in 30 mins - that was 9 days,  20 calls and around 10 hours on hold later I am still without service.

Each time I have spoken to a consultant (at least they are not calling themselves "Customer Service" anymore) I have had to repeat the whole conversation and promised the service would be restored.  Still waiting.

Today I had the joy of being transferred to NBN faults - wow.   The "technician" and I use the term loosely could not be distracted from the script.  Insisting to try and diagnose a line fault.  After 20 mins on hold I borrowed my wifes mobile and called our home to let him hear the disconnection announcement that according to him had been removed.  Again dispite the obvious I now have a new modem being express delivered and a technican comming out to check the line to the house...... wtf !!!  

No matter how I tried I could not convience the "tech" on the other end that the recorded message did NOT come from the modem or a "broken line in the street".  So it looks like another 24-48 hours at least until the scripted checks are complete.

Signing up with Telstra was a conscious decision.  I felt that although I was paying a premium I would also be getting a premium product and service.  The dissapointment I have is without measure.  Talk about buyers remorse.....

Sincerley

A former support of an Australian owned company

PS Apologies for those currently waiting for a tech to connect them - one less wil be working tomorrow due to a script that cannot be deviated from.

PSS Just recieved a text from Telstra confirming the visit from technician.  The text asks us to keep the line free for a call....  Seriously..... At least it gave me a giggle.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Product quality and customer servie - The Telstra myth.....

Hi Mlw2go 

I can see that the last few months with Telstra have been rather trying and I sincerely apologise.

How did the Technician Visit go? Do you now have a service back online. 

If your service is still offline, please send a reference number associated with this current issue, and we will chase it up for you.

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

mlw2go

Lindy - appreciate the courage to reply - "trying" is an understatment.

Yesterday to be honest the technician was great - bruttally honest - which was very refreshing.

Outcome: 

- Incomming calls still have the "disconnected" announcement.

- Outgoing calls work

- Internet (NBN) works for about 5-10Mb then line drops for around 7 mins (nothing works)

Also this morning (using mobile as hot spot) I noticed around plan has been altered (no idea why that changed??)

INT 1-827063149199

mlw2go

Still waiting on contact and a solution.....

16th day without internet and 12th without phone. 

Way to go Telstra !!!

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Was there another technician attending the issue? Have you spoken with us since? And what was the outcome?

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit