CSUser440
Level 2: Rookie

Professional Installation for eligible customers?

Answered

HI,

I just signed up for 40 GB/ 59 AUD Naked Cable Broadband plan mentioned on telstra's website here

http://www.telstra.com.au/latest-offers/broadband-offer/

It says "Professional installation" free for eligible custmoers. I am a new Telstra Customer. Can I please know if I fall under "Eligible customer's" category?

When I was placing the order the consultant happily included professional installation kit on the order but I am not sure if I checked whether it comes free with the offer.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Professional Installation for eligible customers?

Welcome to the forum.

It really depends on if you signed up on a contract or took the casual plan option and if a self-installation was available at your premises. The three possible installation costs are below, to know for sure you will have to contact Telstra directly.

$0      - if a professional installation was required and you signed up on a 24 month plan

$216 - if a self install was available to you and you chose to get a professional installation on a 24 month contract

$336 - if you took up a casual plan and chose professional installation

I am surprised that the costs were not discussed with you at time of sale as it is very important that all costs are detailed prior to an order being submitted.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
DanK
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Welcome to the forum.

It really depends on if you signed up on a contract or took the casual plan option and if a self-installation was available at your premises. The three possible installation costs are below, to know for sure you will have to contact Telstra directly.

$0      - if a professional installation was required and you signed up on a 24 month plan

$216 - if a self install was available to you and you chose to get a professional installation on a 24 month contract

$336 - if you took up a casual plan and chose professional installation

I am surprised that the costs were not discussed with you at time of sale as it is very important that all costs are detailed prior to an order being submitted.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

CSUser440

Thank you.

Mat
Level 1: Cadet

Professional Installation $192 - Whats included?

Howdy,

Just signed up for a Telstra Pinnacle Entertainer package with professional installation for $192.

I cannot find any written details for whats included on a hardware front..

I`m expecting that he won`t freak when I ask him/her to wire up four rooms with Ethernet/TV connectors?

I`m also expecting him/her to have more than one type of modem in his van so that I have a choice there and then?

This seems reasonable doesn`t it? Or am I going to bit hit by a wave of dissapointment?

DanK
Community Manager

Re: Professional Installation $192 - Whats included?

Welcome to the forum Mat.

The professional installation includes 1 outlet in the home, setting up the connection to your computer and the Netgear CG3100v2 modem, which is the only modem we are supply for Cable at the moment.

Mat

Howdy DanK

Thanks for the above ref modem.
With the connections am I able to get additional connections for a price then? And if so what price?

Regards
DanK
Community Manager

Additional outlets need to be ordered at the time the appointment is booked and cost $55

per outlet, however be aware you can only have one modem connected. If you need additional outlets for Foxtel services then you can also arrange this when getting it installed.

You also need to be aware that anything more than 3 outlets (and sometimes even just the 3) may require a central filter.

wg_west

Telstra states (in relation to NBN connection) that their professional installation includes a 10 point install check, plus expert support.

What are they ? or where can I get a copy?

bill

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Wg. Thanks for taking the time to query the install process for a new NBN connection with a technician callout for Professional installation.

With every Telstra Professional Installation we will:

1. Assess the property and determine cabling needs

2. Provide guidance on other essential devices such as back to base alarms

3. Connect and Secure the customer's T- Gateway™

4. Connect home phone to their T-Gateway™

5. Connect your computer and provide guidance on how to connect other internet enabled devices

6. Check the broadband connection speed.

7. Check the Wi-Fi signal strength around the property

8. Configure your Telstra email

9. Show and demonstrate your Telstra Voice and Broadband Services

10. Connect and demonstrate your T-Box or T-Hub  (if customer has them)

I hope this answers your Query. 

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

wg_west

All Good

Thanks Tom

TommyTheTankEng
Level 6: Bloodhound

Our building has recently been connected to the NBN via FTTB with internal distribution via the phone network. I'm pretty certain I can hook up a modem to the phone line and get it working by myself (done it several times before), but none of the phone output points are where I want the modem to be. I've got a phone connection point on one bedroom wall but want the modem connected on the opposite wall - all cabling runs through the apartment ceiling which almost certainly needs a hole cut to run new wiring and subsequently sealed up

The alternative is to have a new phone connection in the second bedroom, on the common wall with the bedroom that already has a phone connection - a much simpler operation. The apartment is already internally backboned for Ethernet so all I'm worrying about as the external phone line; there are plent of Ethernet access points

I'm assuming neither of these count in the "professional installation" fee (which isn't free for me as I'm an exisiting Cable customer

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

So that we can get the best advice for you, I'll be forwarding your concerns to our Social Media Tech team so that they can touch base with you on Tuesday. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi TommyTheTankEng,

The internal cabling within the apartment is the property of the Body Corporate. Any additional sockets to be installed should be organised through them or your rental agent so that they can organise a private technician to complete this work.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

DMan4

We were never advised that there would be an installation charge of $240 when we were switched over to the NBN. We are a long term Telstra customer with a comprehensive plan which includes broadband, mobile etc VERY disappointed as we are pensioners. Feel cheated as the installation was simply changing over the modem (took around 10 minutes total and I am still trying to get my printer etc to work properly.
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DMan4

If you have been charged for the installation charges, this is incorrect. 

"    The government’s commitment to delivering the nbn™ network includes the standard
installation of technology by nbn™ at your place at no cost to you. When the nbn™ network
arrives in your area, if you choose us as your provider, we’ll help organise the connection at your property.

https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/nbn/how-to-connect

Please speak with our Billing Team on 132200 (7am to 9.40pm) or via Live Chat  http://tel.st/49kl (available 247x) to have this sorted out. 

-     Kind Regards 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit