Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Professional Installation unfair charge

Hi

I have just changed from ADSL2 to NBN to the node. I've just received my first telephone bill from Telstra and they have included a $240 dolars item  for professional installation.

A few days before Telstra did the change over from ADSL to NBN to the node , there was a person who came to my place and installed the new modem , the whole operation took 5 minutes, it was a matter of plug the old one and install the new one. Telestra never asked for my permission.

Has anyone have the same problem? and what can i do to revert this charge?

Regards,

Dony

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Professional Installation unfair charge

You would have to dispute it with the billing team if you feel it isn't valid or is unfair. Try 1800TFIBRE and speak to the Telstra NBN accounts team.

If you are unable to sort it out with the agent you get you can request to speak to their supervisor as well.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

I am a long term Telstra customer and have also just been upgraded from ADSL to NBN (to the node, copper to the house). When I contracted I chose the "self install" option and was told a modem/router would be (initially) post then delivered to my house. Unfortunately I was not home when Telstra knocked on my door and requested to enter with the new modem, but another family member let them in.

My modem was disconnected and a new modem/router was connected. Ten minutes later the Telstra worker left the house, a week later NBN was switched on and I now have a $240 "Professional Installation Fee" on my first bill. If when I contracted I chose the "self installation" option and was at no time advised that there would be a fee of $240 either on the contract or by the person who attended the house, why would I now be charged $240?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi MerryXmas

To have this sorted, please speak with our 24x7 Billing Support Team either by calling 132200 (available 8am to 9pm) or via Live Chat  http://tel.st/hsc3 so they can investigate this for you. 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi there,

I had the same issue when I asked for a self install. However as I was 2000km from home when he came to install the modem he rang me and I told him to leave the modem at the door.

I was then charged the $240 install fee. 

After 10 minutes on the phone however this was quickly reversed so you shouldnt have a problem.

Cheers

Highlighted

Thanks, mpekin

Unfortunately I started with 24/7 chat to try and sought this out as I've always liked this method (I get a copy of the transcript). In this case though the operator refused to remove the charge and now I'm waiting to be called back (3 - 5 days) by a "case manager".

I looked in crowdsupport to see if this was a regular occurrence and what the resolutions had been so I really do appreciate your contribution.

Hi, Lindy from Support Team

I'll give my "case manager" a few more days to contact me before I start again but this time I'll take your advice on who to contact and hope for a better outcome.

Thanks

Highlighted

Almost resolved... I waited for my "case manager" to call back but with no luck. Oddly enough I had a call from someone on Friday 23rd (2 days before christmas) advising I would be called in the following 12 to 24 hrs but nothing. I missed my first call yesterday (four days later) and today called (as suggested by Lindy) 132200 to have another go. This operator Tiffany was unable to help with this but was able to put me through to the NBN billing team who could. Sorry I don't have a direct number to this team if you're chasing up this same unfair charge.

John from this team advised it is a "known issue" and that I'm definitely not the first to call and have this rectified. He assured me he will remove the charge but that I will have to wait several hours before it is corrected.

Highlighted

Fee corrected, bill adjusted and finally paid. Issue resolved! (Thanks all for your help).

Highlighted

Sadly, Telstra decided to come and perform and charge professional installation when I requested a self install... came when I was not home, and the kids let the fellow in! What is happening TELSTRA? Seems a common thread! On the phone for the second time trying to fix the charge.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Huntinghall,

If you believe you have been incorrectly charged for your installation type, please call 1800 834 273 and speak to the Telstra NBN accounts team who will be able to check your account and billing information and if there is any mistakes made, we will certainly get that fixed up for you.

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit