Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Provisioning NBN connection

Answered

Why do Telstra continually make deadlines and call back promises they never  meet?

Wireless NBN connection has turned in to a scene from Ground Hog Day. What started with a simple install by the punctual NBN man and my self-install modem arriving the same day has ended with delay after delay. Every few days the activation date is put back a few days ," the NBN order was corrupted we have to start over", " we will ring back when its connected"  "no I will definitely ring you back within the hour"

The repeated comments that it is provisioning (whatever that means) and will be connected in 24-48 hours have been going on for weeks.The only  phone callback was  to ask how I was enjoying my NBN (Grrr) and yet I received my first bill (although it was fo $0).

Today, the new deadline I'd been promised for connection and  I get a text saying my new modem is on its way- great should look good next to the other one you sent me  and another call and 30 min wait  and the women says your order is  still provisioning the new date is Sept 4 but after some further checking no it will be Sept 2. But we have now assigned you a case manager he'll ring you back tonight......

If at the start you had said it will be connected by Christmas  I think I would have been happy then this poor attempt at customer service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Provisioning NBN connection

finally all connected

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi cqtiger,

That is definitely not the experience we want you to have. Have we assigned a case manager to you to be your point of contact while we work to get your service up and running?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Yes I have a case manager but he doesn't return my calls(2 attempts))
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi CpTiger

I understand this is really frustrating for you and I am really sorry,

If you have your reference number for your Complaint, (begins with SR 1-xx) please send me a PM and provide me with this number, and I'll request  your Case Manager to give you a call when he returns to work in the new week.

-     Lindy Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Never given a reference number but case manager pin is 4415

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi cqtiger,

I have sent you a private message so we can get some details and follow this up for you

Highlighted

Another deadline passes and nothing. rang my case manager and he said he is not my case manager. Turns out I havent been assigned a case manager.

Apparently because another modem was sent out the "provisioning" was put back awaiting the arrival of this new modem(even though the original modem sent out 2 weeks ago works fine)  Robot Mad

Becoming a bit of a joke but I am not laughing.

Last chance  Sept 4 or cancel everything

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

finally all connected

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear!

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi, I notice Telstra has case officers assigned to some installs. I have been in touch with slaes twice, with several call back people whoc could not help me and have lodged two complaints through Telstra's complaints mechanisms; one of which is over 5 days old. I got frustraetd yesterday when what the NBN sales peson I was speaking to said would be  a 5 minute call dragged on for over half an hour. How do I get someone to help?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear that LMarc,

What is the reference number for your complaint there?

-Dylan

Highlighted

Hi Dylan,

Numbers are: SR 1-286201395375 (6 days ago) and SR 1-288013503883 (3 days ago).

Thanks!

Marc

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for confirming that Marc. I have requested that you be contacted as soon as possible about your complaint

Highlighted

Hi Ashley, Thanks. I have had a call from someone from Telstra's Head Office telling me the same thing. Hopefully things are moving at last. Marc

Highlighted

Similar problem happening with me at the moment. Been attempting to transfer to nbn fixed wireless for the past month since 10/09/14. Had my first two orders cancelled. Finally had a technical from nbn come out and do the install on the 29/9. Received router on the 2/10. My order was provisioning and meant to be completed on the 3/10. On the 3rd I phoned and was told it could not be could not be completed till the 4th October. Phoned on the 4th I phoned and still provisioning. I was allocated a case manager, and a complaints handler from the ceo executive office. My other service adsl and phone line were meant to remain current, but have been
disconnected. I still have no nbn connected. I had my connected rolled back last week and apparently this was suppose to be completed at 8am this morning. I phoned up and was told the provisioning team were still looking into it and to wait another 24/48 hours. I was also told that I will be called back. Over the last month I never really received call backs with updates. On one occasion I was told telstra were leaving messages on my disconnected landline. I lodged a complaint with the TIO just the other day. I find when I call there no one attempts to contact the relevant team to resolve the problem straight away. They tend to send messages to other staff who then don't action anything. You ring up later and nothing has been touched.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Dgriggs.

Thanks for the detailed explanation of your experience in setting up NBN, and I sincerely apologise that it has not gone smoothly. To clarify with the recent 24/48 hour update, when did we provide this information, today?

Cheers.

Highlighted

Yes, phoned at 11.00am this morning. Was told a message would be sent to the complaints manager for him to follow as he was working today. Was wondering why I was not put through to him for immediate action to be taken. I can almost bet my house on the fact that I will not receive a call from him/her.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Ok thanks for the clarification. Could you please let me know if you do not end up hearing anything in regards to this today?

Cheers. 

Highlighted

No worries.
Highlighted

Got a phone call, but unfortunately no resolution. I rang on the 17th and was told my first roll back had been rejected. Thats funny because other staff had said it was completed. If it had been rejected, why had it taken almost 7 days to come up with this. Now a second rollback is being put through and another email sent to my case manager, who was suppose to ring before the end of her shift to advise whether this process had been started. I recieved no call back. I was told it could be another 7 days.

Highlighted

Phoned 1800056962 pin 6882#. Still no person can give me answers as to when my fixed wireless nbn and phone line will be fixed. I sit on the phone and am passed from team to team, but no new information comes out of it. Last night i spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on one call to be told i will recieve a call back. I am so pissed. I don't know how many times a person has said i understand your frustration. Well you have
been saying this same line for 1and 1/2 months. I also here 24/48 hours. That old chestnut gets brought out way to often as well. I am continously told the matter has been escalated to a team and we are waiting a response.Well hello you are a telco ring the team and press the issue as urgent. I don't know how many times i have called and nothing has been touched since last call. Sometimes up to 7 days.

aca.ninemsn.com.au/feedback.aspx

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi DGriggs,

That is definitely not good. I have sent you a private message so I can get your details and follow this up for you

Highlighted

Can you tell me if this would constitute a material breach of contract because my prior adsl service and phone line are both disconnected and i have no service at the moment. When really my adsl and phone line should not have been disconnected until my nbn was functional.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DGriggs

From what you have been saying, sounds as if you are in a Cease Sale area. You can read abput this at: http://goo.gl/3TLs5q

The last FAQ in particular will may be the most relevant:

Cease Sale won't apply until NBN Co advises us that your address is serviceable by NBN fibre. However, Telstra may still be required to disconnect copper or HFC (Cable Broadband) services once the Disconnection Date for your area has been reached. You will receive communications from NBN Co and/or your service provider before this occurs.

Highlighted

I have the nbn box and router installed and my area is servicable by fixed wireless. My question is if my prior service is disconnected by telstra and i recieve a apology letter on the 9 Oct 14 saying it will be restored within the hour and now it is the 28th Oct 14 and my phone and internet are still not connected is this a material breach of contract.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi DGriggs, as Dani has mentioned there may be restrictions from providing the previous ADSL connection if NBN connections are now being provided in the area. For privacy reasons we can't request account details or other personal information via posts on these forums, but our teams via 13 22 00 or the online chat service at http://goo.gl/11oUE  can investigate and advise further. Greg

Highlighted

seems like I am not the only one, having trouble getting my NBN activated. Fixed wireless has been on for a couple of months now, advised of a appointment for professional installation, rang them told them I had ordered a self install kit. They told me that they would have to cancel the order, well they did that, turned the land line off as well. It took me three weeks to get that reinstated and finally was sent a self install kit, which was installed and operating the same day connected to NBN for about 5 minutes it went off again, on calling they advised it was turned off and was to be reactivated on the 11 sept., today they call me to advise of an appointment for a professional install for 192.00, they would not accept that they had sent me a self install kit and all that was required was to switch on the NBN and the adsl off. They told me they would have to cancel the order and reorder, well I did not want to go through that again. Then they told me to let the professional install to go ahead was all that could be done, I told then I would not be paying the fee, as that was already done and because  it was fixed wireless, there was no changes to the Telstra, line. They told me that they would waive the fee, but let the appointment go ahead, what a waste of time. Well over two months now, a pretty patient guy is getting pissed off, and thinking of changing providers.

Highlighted

Same here, like pulling teeth getting things done, beating head against a brick wall. Telstra service certainly has turned to **bleep**.

Highlighted

i entered into a new nbn ready plan last week and on completion i was asked for a date that would suit us for instaillaton  date that would suit us so i nominated the 17th march and the 21st march ,when will they arrive or at least let me know when ?, i have a ref no daa88185092 ,i think thats the one for my plan plan .

Highlighted

have been on hold with the nbn people for 1 hour so far,was sent there via 24/7 chat, i hope the nbn is quicker than their service

Highlighted

SOLVED THIS ONE MYSELF WITH THE HELP OF A LOVELY LADY IN TASMANIA,AND A GREAT GUY IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA, THANKYOU GUYS.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

It's just bizzare that Telstra NBN team continue to recycle their response to me, it seems as though they are reading off a script.

Here's my complaint - SR 1-1187449252404

I have been waiting for a month to move my service to a new address. The case manager (x5927) first called to inform that she will cancel my order number 1-1167577926274 on 5th June,

I called to complaint on the 12th June and was given int1-1180972164214 claiming that he, the manager of the special task force has direct dealing with NBN and will resolve my connection issue within 24 hours. His name is "Azhar Romeo".

Called on 19th June to Sales, with Connors redirected to another "special task force" given int1-1186230651255 with the same comment.

I requested for daily update on my case but Telstra obviously leave the service at the hands of a bunch of rookies who does not know what customer service is and does not care!

What outcome would you expect?? To get my service back on line. And no bill for the grief and lost we have been through needing to use up our mobile data and paid extra exceeding our limit.

I'm reeling...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit