marshall89
Level 1: Cadet

Pullenvale ADSL/ADSL2+ exchange. WHEN? 9 Years later.

Hi,

We are currently Telstra customers and have been waiting for over 9 years for some sort of development in the Pullenvale region for ADSL/ADSL2+.

Currently, our area is completely unservicable for Cable/ADSL or ADSL2+ and the wireless Next-G service provides very little download quota and costs a significant amount.

There is a decent population in the Pullenvale area, along with a few new developments as well as institutions like CSIRO (which have had to install special equipment) to get service. All of us are left in the dark.

With the NBN it is looking like Pullenvale will be facing at least another 5+ years before any sort of upgrade is provided, and even then it is probably going to be wireless.

In this current day and age where everything is done online it is unacceptable to have people who live 25 mins from the CBD without ADSL / ADSL2+ access.

Please can you provide any sort of assistance as to how the residents of the Pullevale region can petition for some sort of upgrade?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Christos
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Re: Pullenvale ADSL/ADSL2+ exchange. WHEN? 9 Years later.

Hi Pullenvale,

Welcome to Crowd Support.

I suggest speaking to your local council and find out the way's that your community can petetition for an upgarde to the services avilable for internet access.

As far as I am aware ADSL and cable is a privelige not a right so you may find it hard to convience a telco company to invest in infracustre to be bulit.

Also your going to have the NBN installed I know it's 5+ years away and it's only going to be wireless but that will also make it hard to peteition. 

Good luck tho! Smiley Happy 

- C

If you've found a  then don't forget to mark that post accordingly

Kudos  Recognise someone for their help by clicking this button on their post

Stick around great things are happening in Moderator

If you've found a  then don't forget to mark that post accordingly

Kudos  Recognise someone for their help by clicking this button on their post

Stick around great things are happening in Moderator

Ben
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Pullenvale ADSL/ADSL2+ exchange. WHEN? 9 Years later.

Hi Marshall89,

Ive done some looking around at it looks like Pullenvale has ADSL/ADSL2+ in the area. The issue is however that the exchanges appear to be at capacity.

I had a look at the Top Hat schedule and there is work forecast in the area during Sept-Dec this year which should help with the availability of ADSL2+ in the area.

For more information on the Top Hat rollout have a look at the thread Tophat ADSL2+ Rollout Status & FAQs

Cheers,

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit