hayesish
Level 2: Rookie

Purchased ADSL2+ but have been connected to ADSL port for years

Please see this post on whirlpool which references the matter.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2181841&p=-1&

I had posted on Crowd Support but for whatever reason the post isnt visible any longer!

Years ago I signed up for a 50GB ADSL2+ plan. There was a lot of kerfuffle at the start as Telstra hadnt applied any mutli-product discounts, billed me for a modem despite signing up under a promotion where it was free etc. I ended with an account adjustment to resolve. So I can understand this may just be another aspect of the original order that went south.

However 14/11 I was promised this would be resolved in 3-5 working days. Today I called in for a status check and am told tha there are no ADSL2+ ports available at Glenroy. This goes completely against what I was told 14/11. In fact I am now told to wait a month before they can check status.

Anyway I've escalated to a complaint and will supposedely get a call tomorrow. My experience so far suggests that call will not happen. I feel I have gone through enough with this connection and seeking assistance here to escalate today, without fail.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
hayesish

Re: Purchased ADSL2+ but have been connected to ADSL port for years

Bump!

I was promised a call today but have received none thus far. Customer service via phone have again not been helpful.

Any Telstra reps reading here? Happy to PM my case reference!

Ben_J
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi hayesish,

Telstra's ADSL broadband services do not differentiate between ADSL and ADSL2+ technology in terms of product pricing; if you order a fixed broadband service from us you get it on the best technology available on your line.

That said I am sorry to hear that you were not contacted back regarding your complaint within the promised timeframe. Please feel free to private message me with your complaint reference number so that I can get in contact with your case manager for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

hayesish

Hi Ben.

Thanks for the contact.

I believe I was pushed to ADSL on the original order, though not alerted, and ADSL2+ has since become available at my exchange.

I now have a new case reference from your AU customer service team who are looking into the issue. They believe the exchange has capability and capacity but the billing system is preventing the change. I'm to expect a call back in 48 hours. If I have no contact I'll PM you, but things look better now.
thanks

Ben_J
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

damiankw
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Just a note hayesish that sometimes Telstra might 'drop' your connection to ADSL if the ADSL2+ line is too unstable, it actually gets you a faster connection than you would get otherwise. I'm not saying this is what happened, but it is a possibility - usually they would alert you about it (or at least give you some tech mumbo jumbo you don't understand Smiley Tongue)

This coming from someone not affiliated with Telstra at all, just been working as an IT Tech for long enough to know a few things.

hayesish

Saturday afternoon I received a call from an off-shore customer service consultant telling me that the Glenroy exchange does not support ADSL2+. So the exact response I got from my 1st call, despite someone in complaints/tech support based in Australia 100% confirming capability and capacity at the exchange and it was just a billing system limitation to switch me over.

I understand some sort of credit is being applied to my account but I simply couldnt understand what the offshore person was saying. There is no change in my bill/account.

I see no other option than to escalate this to TIO. I seem to be going in circles within Telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit