Tahn
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Why does my internet keep dropping out?

It's happening to me too mine would disconnect ever 5 minutes I spent 6 months trying to get it fixed and as close as I could get was dropouts 3 to 4 times a day

But since we got rain it's dropped out every 2 hours which is really annoying so I'm back on the phone talking to Telstra again having to go through all the same questions I answered every week for 6months when I got it connected yay!

I know what has to be done the technician told me last time all that can be done is they go down to the node and change me there

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Tahn,

When customers call in to report a fault, we will always go through a process of elimination. Just because the equipment in your home wasn't the cause of difficulties previously, doesn't mean that components can't become faulty in the interim. For example: connectors haven't corroded slightly, filters become faulty, cables damaged etc. 

Once the configuration and equipment has been eliminated, they will send this through to testers who will be able to perform more detailed tests on the network to help location the source of the issue and then organise a technician to attend.

I understand that it can be frustrating to go through the troubleshooting steps repeatedly, however this process is in place for a reason. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Wilkins
Level 1: Cadet

Not a very good reason Shelley.  We are paying the bill.  You should waste your time first before you make the customer waste their time.  Especially when, in my experience, it is a system fault at your end.  Funny how when you complain a lot of times it suddenly gets fixed!

dm4
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

The only trouble Telstra has us ut constant outages Australia wide for over 12 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit