CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Why don't you want to keep me Telstra?

Siggy169 wrote:
lol - the bottom line is that Telstra is happy to lose my money to someone else, I dont understand that
Revenue it itself is not the be-all-and-end-all in business.

It is obvious that if Telstra has discontinued particular mobile plans (such as the $49 Next G Cap Plan, which included a $20 monthly MRO Bonus, as opposed to only $10 monthly MRO Bonus for the current Freedom Connect Plan $49) and offers (such as half-price Data Packs for bolting onto eligible post-paid plans), it must have its strategic, commercial and/or regulatory reasons – such as wanting to contain and reduce services-in-operation that are not profitable enough – for doing so. Keeping an individual consumer's custom in misalignment with that direction simply isn't good business, and “losing [his or her] money” may be the better thing to do.

From another perspective, if you won't be a happy customer going onto an in-market plan, and the company wants happy customers – which I know it does – then instead of being forced to deal on your terms to make you happy, perhaps it's also the better thing to do to let you become a non-customer instead. That way, both parties are happier for it – the company does not have to offer what it doesn't want to sell, and you don't have to take what you don't want to buy – even if it means parting ways and kissing the current commercial arrangement goodbye.

Again, I hope this aids your understanding.
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit