Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Really Slow broadband in Burbank Brisbane 4156

We live on Oakridge St Burbank. For years we have been waiting for our broadband speeds to increase but without luck.

I am paying for 8000 ADSL1 as we cannot get ADSL2+ (we are on a rim).

I'm surprised to see that Telstra rang me offered me ADSL1 at Turbo speeds, signed me up to a 2 year contract, promissed me 8mbps and cannot deliver the speeds promised. I am currently getting 0.6mbps during the day and also during the evening .... basically when I need the internet.

They have called my area "ON THE CONGESTION BOARD"!!! We were even on the Telstra TOPHAT list for about ayear and then Telstra decided to pull the pin on that and didn't end up installing it. No reason given!

There has to come a point when us Australians need to stand up and enough is enough. Our broadband is bloody slow! We are connected to the Mt Gravatt exchange.

Someone in Telstra needs to put up their hand and say lets give our customers, especially people in Burbank who are willing to pay whatever it costs to get decent home broadband! This is pittaful!!!!!

I think a call to the local members of parliament would be a good starting point. After that maybe a call to Malcolm Turnbull's office to pull their finger out and get something done. After that, the Ombudsman for failure to deliver what is being paid for. And no, simply disconnecting is not an option. Something needs to be done urgently for the people of Burbank and Oakridge St 4156.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Really Slow broadband in Burbank Brisbane 4156

ADSL is provided on a best effort basis and while we do try to keep up with increases in demand for services at times demand will outstrip supply. We have a number of projects to expand capacity and increase backhaul, which are listed on the Telstra Wholesale page here;

http://telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl/adsl-reports-plans/index.htm

Upgrades are targetted at areas of most need first.

If you are dissatisfied with the service and our technical support team are unable to get the speeds to a reasonable level then we would normally offer to allow you to exit your contract term.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit