Wendy9
Level 1: Cadet

recharging internet

Hi, I am very new at this whole internet thing.  I have purchased a $50 pre-paid internet recharge and am trying to set it up.  On the docket it is telling me to call #100# but my mobile won't let me as it is not a pre-paid phone.  It also tells me to log onto m.telstra.com but when I try it won't let me as I have no credit.  I tried to go onto the internet at work but it doesn't give me the option to enter the details from my receipt, it wants me to buy one.  I have tried to just about every phone number I can find on the website but I am unable to get through to anyone.  Is there anyone who can assist?  Wendy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: recharging internet

The #100# number is specifically for calling from a pre-paid service to manage the service, you cannot call this from another number. The same goes with m.telstra.com or m.bigpond.com, both of these are setup to help on the device itself.

From reading through your post I am unsure if you actually have a pre-paid service already activated, it sounds like you have purchased a recharge voucher. This can only be used with an existing pre-paid service. To setup a new pre-paid service you need to get a starter kit or purchase a device that includes a pre-paid SIM for;

Mobile Broadband OR Mobile Phone

To activate you go to telstra.com/activate

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit