Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

reconnecting to NBN home broadband service

Hi.  Hope I'm in the right place.  So I have mobile wifi and am connected to that right now on my Mac laptop because I've been away from home for a few months.  I had NBN  home broadband installed last December.   All good but I don't know how to reconnect to it.   I can see Telstra Air in Preferences/Networks but the automatically connect to the mobile wifi network is checked. Do I uncheck that and select Telstra Air and what then.Appreciate any help you can offer . Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: reconnecting to NBN home broadband service

There should be label on your modem with the WiFi name / SSID (example Telstraxxxxx) and WiFi password.

Click Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar. If Wi-Fi is off, click Wi-Fi off icon, then choose Turn Wi-Fi On.*
Choose network that has the same name as that printed on the modem.
Enter the the WiFi password printed on the modem , then click Join

Highlighted

Hi thanks but I'm connected to my wifi modem.  I want to disconnect and reconnect to my NBN service.   I can see 'Telstra Air'on the list of available networks and it's unlocked.  The checkbox under the list is ticked for automatically connect to wifi modem.  I assume I have to disconnect this and then select Telstra Air and reselect automatically connect to this selection.   Bit worried I'll mess it up somehow and will left disconnected altogether.   My NBN modem/thingo is new and hasn't been touched.  All lights are on and I assume it's working.    Just need to know the steps to disconnect from mobile wifi and reconnect to NBN broadband.   Thanks.  Appreciate your time.

Highlighted

Sorry I pressed 'accept solution' because I thought it would uncheck it.   

Highlighted

Yes you untick the automatically connect to modem but you don't connect to Telstra air you connect to the WiFi name on your modem. If you connect to Telstra Air your speed will limited. You will not get the full speed of your NBN connection.

Highlighted

Thanks.  So the only thing I need do is uncheck that box that say 'automatically connect' to my mobile modem. Leave the modem name selected in the list above.  ??  

I'll wait for you to confirm.   Appreciate you took the time to respond.    

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit