rd12
Level 1: Cadet

Reconnection of suspended service

Hi,

My NBN account with Telstra was suspended on 8/10/2018 due to a 'glitch' in the system. As of today my internet is still not functioning properly (download speed of 0.2). I have spoken to the 1800 line daily for the past 2 weeks and have got nowhere. Has anyone else experienced this and could give me any advice on how I can get this resolved? Thanks RD12

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Reconnection of suspended service

Do you have one of the newer smart modems that have 4G backup?

It sounds like your landline based device is out of action and the backup has been throttled. This would tend to indicate that your service is active, but your landline is faulty.

Report it as a fault on 1800 834 273 and also ask the consultant to submit the webform to get your backup service unshaped (that should get you back to a 6/1 service in the interim while the main service is rectified).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
rd12
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Reconnection of suspended service

Thanks for your advice Jupiter. I quoted what you said verbatim to the Network Team who advised there is a network issue with my NBN. It will take at least minimum another week to look into so in total my internet will be out of action for over 4 weeks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit