Shannoncolgrave
Level 1: Cadet

Red ODU light, flashing green status light

For the last few days my internet has just stopped working for no reason. I have a flashing green status light and a solid red ODU light on my NTD box. Every now & then it flashes Amber, but is pretty much solid red. I’ve tried unplugging and waiting- then plugging back in. It worked the first time I did it- for about 24hrs. Then has happened Numerous times & nothing works to fix it.
Even turned off and unplugged everything. Nothing is working & im pretty annoyed as I need my internet 😣
No wiring or cords have been tampered with etc. so I’m not sure why it’s doing it- but nothing is working!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Red ODU light, flashing green status light

A red ODU light indicates the outdoor unit if offline. There could be a number of reasons causing this. (Faulty outdoor unit, cable connecting ODU to NTD broken or disconnected at either end). Suggest you ring Telstra NBN support. They should send a NBN technician to fix the fault.

Mothermary

Hey. Same at our place, been going on for days. New NBN modem arrived so changed that over today hoping it would be better. OMG so so much worse. Have to use my prepaid mobile to search internet and do uni stuff. Great job telstra.
I also put in a complaint before Xmas, yep they only rung last week when I couldn't answer it.
Don't think they can cope with the change to NBN.

Good luck with your problems though
Shannoncolgrave

Yeah I’m flogging my data on my ph to compensate and get stuff done. It’s oretty annoying. It turns green sometimes, but signal strength lights stay off or sometimes one goes amber. Then the ODU is red again.
Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Shannoncolgrave

It is not good to read of your NBN issues, I apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

We have a great information page regarding NBN, which includes troubleshooting, at http://tel.st/nt22. If you would like further investigation into your service, please call our NBN Technical Support team on 1800 834 273 and by saying 'Fault' when prompted.

Please don't hesitate to let us know how you go or contact us about any other matter.     

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit