EmzB
Level 2: Rookie

Red status and internet lights

I recently had to unplug the modem whilst moving furniture and since I plugged it back in, the status and internet lights are solid red. WAN and WPS not lit up. Wi-Fi 5GHz flashing amber. Wi-Fi 2.4GHz and Ethernet solid amber. Can't connect to the internet.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Red status and internet lights

I'd check the cable connections as it doesn't sound likes its connected correctly if it was working previously
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras
EmzB

Hi. I think they are correct but I can't remember which plug went where to be honest. Mains plugged in and cable from yellow port 4 to wall (kinda like an old-school telephone cable).
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

For ADSL or NBN FTTN/B connections plug cable from wall phone socket int grey DSL port.

EmzB

I've fixed the red lights issue by moving the cable to the WAN port but now some of the yellow lights are flickering and still no internet.
ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @EmzB

Apologies for any inconvenience you're experiencing with your home broadband service. 

The first thing to do if you have issues with our service is to check your location here

Is your location affected by a disruption?

If not, my advice would be to login & complete this as it may help fix the issues you're having but also helps speed up the fault process if you need to call our fault team on 133933 (or 1800 834 273 if you have an NBN connection).

If they're unable to resolve over the phone, they'll arrange a a tech appointment or if this isn't offered, please  request from the consultant you speak to.

Please let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

EmzB

It says there's an outage affecting the home phone until 7th December. Would this also affect internet? I'm on the velocity network. The internet has been down since Saturday 1st December.
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi EmzB,

Just checking in to confirm that you have since been able to get this issue resolved. Let me know if you are still needing assistance.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

EmzB

I still need help. The lights are green but flashing/flickering and no internet. I haven't been able to contact velocity support as I work during standard business hours.
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Tech Support are available 24x7 so you can call at any time that is suitable for you. If you can confirm the model of your modem, I can advise how you can access the modem page to confirm that it is configured with your username and password. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit