Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Regarding NBN connection

Guys. I requested for NBN broadband connection on 5/12/13.
I am writing this letter to complain about your poor services as well as frequent cancelations without letting a customer know of them.
As i mentioned it already, internet connection order was made on 5/12/13 with my preference date (9/12/13) . However, i was informed that a technician for internet connection will be coming to my place on 20/12/13 by email regardless my preference. So i rang customer service to discuss of it and to reschedule for this appointment right after receiving the email.

A lady who served me was very nice and thoughtful. After our short conversation, she rescheduled my appointment to 11/12/13 in the morning. On 11/12/13, i had day off from my work and waited for a technician for 4 hours . And then no one showed up so i had to ring your customer service again to figure out what happened.

This time, my experience with your costumer service team was horrible. This time whenever i made a call , i had to wait more than 10 minutes to reach customer service team. The first lady who served me greeted with saying that her computer system was out of order so she wanted me to leave my name and contact number. Then she said i will be in touch in 24 hours. After that she said, if i have an urgent issue, hang up the phone and ring them back again with same number . Then her colleague will help me out. Oh my god!!! I could not believe in her saying. If she had a trouble with her computer system, she should passed customers call on other colleagues , rather than taking a call an saying that she cannot help and asked customers to leave name and number and waited for 24 hours. So i wasted my time more than 15 minutes in hearing that she cannot help me so either leaving my name with contact number or ringing back them again with same number again until different person answers my call.
So i rang the customer service again and waited for another 10minutes. A guy answered my call and i explained my situation , wanting to know whether a technician guy is coming. Then he asked me to stay in line to check more details and hung up my call!!!! I believe he accidentally pressed wrong button. Then i rang the customer service again and waited for another 10 minutes. I explained my situation again an proved my identification again. Then a guy who served me asked me to stay in line again and hung up the phone!!!!!!!!! Oh my god. Can you imagine how much i was upsetting at this situation? But what else i can do except calling the customer service back again with my mobile phone!
I rang customer service again then one guy answered me then i repeated proving my ID as well as explaining current situation.

You know what, when he asked me to stay in line again, i asked him to call me back. As i expected, he hung up my call again but called me back soon after. According to him, there was error in my account so my order for internet connection has not been submitted . Then he rescheduled my appointment to 13/12/13 between 10-12pm . Then this guy promised me he will follow up my appointment and will let me know if anything changed.

Again , i waited a technician's coming today but no one came so i had to ring customer service AGAIN this morning!!!!

According to the guy who answered my call , my order has been completed perfectly but it has been cancelled for no reason. He said he believed that my account has some problems so whatever order we made it's automatically cancelled. oh my god. Is it serious?

What i understood, in order to cancel appointment , a company needs a client's permission and needs to send notification email regarding the matter of cancellation. But it has been cancelled twice without letting me know that. As you may know, arranging a technician's coming takes time but it has been canceled twice already.

This guy old me he is going to figure out the error occurred in my account then his colleague will ring me back or email me regarding this. He said without solving this issue, i cannot make an appointment for internet connection). Then i have not got any contact since then.

. To fix these problems, who should i speak? And where should i visit?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Regarding NBN connection

Heya Solanim,

Welcome to CrowdSupport, I'm sorry it has brough such an experience to reach out to us via this forum. :\

The experience you've had to date is certainly not an experience that we would want for anyone when attempting to connect a new service.

In regard to NBN connections, as the roll out is not being completed by Telstra, we are working with NBN Co in organising connection appointments.

Nevertheless, you have decided to take up an NBN service via Telstra and thus the experience should be the best is can possibly be.

Could you please send me a private message, I'll send you the info needed to send through your details and we'll get this escalated for you.

Once again, I am sincerely sorry for the cancellations you have experienced, we look forward to getting this sorted for you as soon as possible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I rang up Telstra on 5 June and requested a connection (bundle) at the new house I am moving to, the guy was very helpful and the dates set for connection were for the NBN guys to turn up on the afternoon of 20 June and the Telstra guys on the 23 June. All good you would think, I even repeated back all the information and dates and got him to confirm it so I didn't make any mistakes when I arranged my removal it's and booked leave from work. I duly did that.

Today I have an email from Telstra telling me they have organized my dates for me, NBN on the morning of the 23 June and Telstra on the morning 27 June. I specifically asked the guy if the dates are definitely available and he said he had booked them for my installation. But it gets even better because now I can check my order.

I log in to track my order and find that both the NBN and Telstra are booked for the 27 June. Not only that, it says that I placed the order yesterday and that those were the dates I requested. I booked the order on the 5 June and did not request those dates. I have organized everything else around the dates the Telstra guy told me and now I find there is even screw ups between the dates I am being told that it will happen. (Moderated as against guidelines) What is going on?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey BrendanMcC,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

This is not the experience that we like to hear and I am sorry that there has been a discrepancy in the dates you were advised for this installation Smiley Sad The date that would have been listed is advising that the revised order was placed on that date for the new dates being provided for the installation.

Has this been escalated to a case manager as yet to ensure that the installation is completed correctly? Do you have a reference number for the escalation at all that we would be able to track for you?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hello DingoDan,
I have not had a chance to call Telstra yet but will shortly.

I didn't make a revision to my order. The answer doesn't explain why the dates in the email do not match the date in the tracker. Neither match what was agreed during the conversation when I placed the order.

Highlighted

Called Telstra and after explaining the situation to a woman called Mattie, she said she would transfer me to my Case Manager. Waited a while then a guy named Jade answers. He tells me he is not the Case Manager but wants me to identify myself again and tell him the story again. I do so. He then tells me he can't transfer me to the Case Manager who he identifies as Sharmila, because there is no Pin Number and he can't find her extension number.

He then proceeds to contradict me about the dates on the order tracker, like I can't read. He says The records show that Sharmila either contacted me or tried to contact me yesterday ( he wasn't clear on that one and wouldn't elaborate). I informed him that no one from Telstra or indeed anyone in the world rang me yesterday and I had no missed calls.

He then says that the order was only confirmed yesterday, I asked him who confirmed it, no answer. I gave him the interaction number for the initial order, he checks it and confirms that the dates and times were indeed reserved but then says that they would have been cancelled due to an error. I asked him what the error was, no answer.

He then says that if the order was not confirmed within 48 hours the reserved dates would be cancelled. I asked him why no one had contacted me requesting confirmation, and still had not. My understanding was that when I agreed to the terms and conditions on the phone, I had confirmed the order. No other contact from Telstra asking for confirmation was made. Telstra has my phone number and email address.

The case manager has not contacted me or given me the Pin Number to enable me to contact her. I made this call at 9:54 this morning, it finished at 10:16 AM. Jade told me he would contact the Case Manager and the Case Management Team to have them contact me within 2 hours. It is now after 1:00 PM, what did I expect you may ask.

I have another email from Telstra regarding a credit to my account. It starts of saying "As discussed, I've applied a credit to your account for the amount of $130 on 16/06/2014 10:53:59 PM". Guess who sent it, that's right Sharmila who I have not spoken to.

I have been given yet another interaction reference number but no escalation number. I thought Telstra was supposed to be turning over a new leaf in customer service, guess not. Off to the ombudsman we go I guess.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi BrendanMcC,

I'm really sorry to read you do not as yet have resolution on this matter. If you know your SR case number I can contact your case Manger, provide them with this correspondence and ask them to contact you.  It this stage I can't be sure if your case Manager is available to contact you straight away or not. I will ask that they contact you as soon as they can.

Angela

Highlighted

Jade told me he would have either the Case Manager Sharmila or someone from the Case Management Team contact me, hasn't happened. My numbers are as follows:
1: 1st interaction INT 1-200510124707. Booked the dates and bundle.
2: 2nd Interaction , email received at 10:41 Pm last night with order number attached, order number 1-208857166198
3: 3rd Interaction , email received at 10:54 from a Sharmila telling me I have been credited $130 'as discussed'.
4: 4th Interaction email at 2:35 AM this morning telling me the new dates and that if I request a change, charges may apply.
5: 5th Interaction email at 2:36 AM this morning telling me my password.
6: 6th Interaction with Maggi, INT 1-209088565019
7: 7th Interaction with Jade , INT 1-209097105965

Note that at no time has anyone from Telstra called me. Emails implying that discussions were held are untrue and can be proved to be such. This is incompetence and could even be categorized as dishonesty. What is Telstra going to do about it?
Highlighted

I believe Telstra has no option in the circumstances but to ensure the original AGREED and RESERVED appointment dates are honored.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi BrendanMcC,

I have located your case Managers centre and have sent an internal email including this correspondence, requesting they contact you as soon as they can.

Angela 

Highlighted

As soon as they can, in light of what has occurred,may well be when hell freezes over. I must assume that the Case Management Team was contacted by Jade as he said he would, assuming that, one can only (yet again) assume that they reviewed the case and made a decision. The fact that NO contact has been made is very telling.

That's a lot of assumptions to make and presumes honesty on the part of the assessor. I am at the point where I do not believe in the honesty of your people. How hard is it for someone to pick up the phone and make a call?

I call Shenanigans.
Highlighted

As the clock ticks inexorably towards 5 PM here in Queensland, yet another Telstra 'customer' is left bereft. No call to sooth his angst, no email to right the wrong.

The ombudsman it is then.
Highlighted

Still no contact from a Case Manager.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi BrendanMcC,

A SR 1-209470372993 has been created to follow up on this case, if you have any further queries please contact CRG reception on 1800814242. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Why oh why would I waste my time ringing again? I would think that as Telstra is a telephone company that they would know how to use a phone and call me. This is just too ridiculous for words.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Apologies for the delay BrendanMcC, I have requested for you to be contacted as soon as possible to discuss this further

Thanks

Highlighted

I don't wish to offend you Esther and I am sure you have done as you say, but I have been told that before with no result on three separate occasions.

There appears to be a major problem with your Case Managers. Appointments are cancelled without notification. The cancellations are purported to be for 'errors' that do not exist and cannot be identified or for not confirming the appointment when there is no means to do so or indeed a notification that it needs to be confirmed. Case managers send emails regarding discussions that did not take place ( I still have no idea why I have been credited $130). Case Managers recording contacts (or attempted contacts) that did not occur. A Case management team that seems unable or unwilling to contact the client. A mismatch between dates on an email sent to me and the dates on the Telstra order tracking site that can't be explained. Confirmation of dates for appointments made without any contact with me.

There is more but I am tired of repeating myself. I just want Telstra to honor what was initially agreed . I also do not want the same case manager. I want a supervisor to deal with this order from now on, Sharmila has clearly dropped the ball and I do not want her to have any further input (or lack of input) with my order.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit