Damian5
Level 1: Cadet

Renewed cable contract. Speed drops from 100mbps to 5 the same day...

I have had 100mbps cable for the last 3 years, the day I renew it the speed drops to 5mbps.  Support tell me that it is a technical fault and have booked a technician.  Seems like a pretty big coincidence to me?!?

I went through a similar experience when it was first provisioned and spent literally 3 months of calls backwards and forwards, getting sent between technical support and account support until it was finally provisioned at the correct speed.    

Any advice on how to speak to the right person to get this fixed?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Renewed cable contract. Speed drops from 100mbps to 5 the same day...

Hi Damian5, 

If you've spoken to our Tech Support team (133 933) and they have organised a Field Technician to check the line then you have spoken to the correct department.  It's most likely a line fault which is causing the slow speed and the tech will be able to locate this and repair it.

Let us know how you go after the appointment.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit