JBCB
Level 1: Cadet

Repeated failures to attend connection appointments, hopeless follow up via chat

I have been trying to get the NBN connected to a new home for 6 weeks.  Telstra blame the NBN for not showing up.  When I contact the NBN they have been given incorrect address details twice.  They say they cannot correct the appointment - only Telstra can do that.  I have been on the chat with Telstra half a dozen times and they always tell me it's sorted and give me a reference number.  When I quote those numbers on a subsequent chat the details are incorrect again.  I am very close to looking for another provider.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Repeated failures to attend connection appointments, hopeless follow up via chat

@JBCB wrote:

I have been trying to get the NBN connected to a new home for 6 weeks.  Telstra blame the NBN for not showing up.  When I contact the NBN they have been given incorrect address details twice.  They say they cannot correct the appointment - only Telstra can do that.  I have been on the chat with Telstra half a dozen times and they always tell me it's sorted and give me a reference number.  When I quote those numbers on a subsequent chat the details are incorrect again.  I am very close to looking for another provider.

Hi @JBCB 

If it was me, I would look for another provider.

Shouldn't have to jump through hoops for a simple connection.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
JBCB

Re: Repeated failures to attend connection appointments, hopeless follow up via chat

I am giving them one last chance.....  They tell me NBN will call me directly tomorrow.

Dieselrose
Level 2: Rookie

Evening,

My appointment was today. Technician never turned up. Telstra told me to wait to 6pm, so I did.

Upon contacting Telstra they tried to tell me the technician came at 1pm. But couldn’t access the property. I explained to them that wasn’t possible, as my security system detect movement within 50m of my yard, on all sides, leaving no part of my fenced yard blind, and it only detected the delivery men dropping off my TV and the tradesmen who parked their truck near my driveway.

Telstra then went on to tell me the technician’s report stated the house was still under construction and was unsafe to access, furthermore stating a “skip bin” was in the way, and that there was no side access...

I clearly pointed out my house is fully constructed, fully turfed and has been occupied now for a week. Also pointed out there is no skip bin on my property, hasn’t been for weeks, and that there is clear side access on the left hand side of my house, with the exact spot for the termination device clearly visible by the road.

Telstra then tried to tell me the technician claims my property is unserviceable. I pointed out every other house on the street  is connected fibre to the premise, the Telstra database says we are ready to connect with fibre to the premise, and t NBN Co database and map Cleary highlights my address as ready to connect with FTTP.

I pointed out what I do for work and why I require what I have ordered and will be seeking compensation and damages through loss of wages if it isn’t rectified immediately, and since then they have ducked and dodged my calls and messages on the 24/7 app.

I have been told a connection manager will be contacting me tomorrow.

I do not understand why it is so hard for them to complete their contracted work.

Don’t ask me to power cycle devices. I’m above and beyond that...
Planet_Jonas

The NBN technician contacted me directly and that was excellent. He checked I was home before he came and let me know when he was on his way. He had time so came on an earlier day and things are now all up and working. This was after two missed appointments, that he actually knew nothing about!

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You got one of the good ones and that is how it is supposed to work.

Some of the NBN Co technicians, however, are useless.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit