GH23
Level 1: Cadet

Replace router

Answered

I am about to replace the rubbish Netgear rebrand V7610 with a router that actually works. Don't care about the 4G backup it never worked once in its life anyway. If you ask me a total waste even including the feature if its not going to work.

Anyway the Gateway does support the landline but there are no copper connections to the router, just the NBN. Can I safely assume then this is a VoIP service? Seems to be because when the internet goes down so does the landline. If it is a VoIP if I plug the Telstra router into the new router will the landline work as long as it can reach the internet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Replace router

The landline should work with the WAN port of the gateway pro connected to a LAN port of the new router. You might have to change the SIP ALG settings in the new router for the VOIP function to work correctly.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Accepted Solution

Re: Replace router

The landline should work with the WAN port of the gateway pro connected to a LAN port of the new router. You might have to change the SIP ALG settings in the new router for the VOIP function to work correctly.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit