Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

restricting kids internet access on new gateway gen2 modem day by day

Answered

I will soon connect to NBN with new telstra gateway gen2 modem. Is it possible to restrict my son's access to wifi (via his macbook) on a day by day basis? EG is there an app or similar that I can use to set and change the access every day? If yes, what app and how is it done? Are there any alternatives that do not require any new software on his macbook? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: restricting kids internet access on new gateway gen2 modem day by day

You don't need a app to set parental controls. There are parental time controls in the modem for restricting internet access to  set times. You just need to log into modem and go to the parental controls settings.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You don't need a app to set parental controls. There are parental time controls in the modem for restricting internet access to  set times. You just need to log into modem and go to the parental controls settings.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I'm not aware of any app that would just control his MacBook.  I've found the only way I can do what you're saying is through broadband protect on your telstra account, but it affects everyone in the house's internet, not just one person.  

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit