Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Router will not connect to my Rinnai 7kw Q Series Air Conditioner

Answered

What settings should have on my router (Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2) so that I can connect my 7kw Q series AirCon to the AC Freedom app.

I had the unit fitted on Saturday and have tried m
ultiple times to connect the unit, i've been into the router settings and ensured the whitelist was disabled, mobile data turned off on my phone and router only set to broadcast 2.4. This didn't fix the issue, i decided to hotspot between my phone and Ipad which worked. 

https://www.rinnai.com.au/wp-content/uploads/OM-RINNAI-SPLIT-AC-R32-Q-Series-WiFi-ISSUE-1-AUG-2018.p...

Can any you help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Router will not connect to my Rinnai 7kw Q Series Air Conditioner

Mate I got it working, deleted the app off my iphone 8, then used an old iphone 4 which I downloaded the older version of the app. I did not scan the QR code just added the aircon as instructed. once it was u and running I added the app back to my iphone 8 and never activated with QR code just typed rinnai into the manual code entry. once done I added the aircon...... it worked, also it works whilst away from my home, I tried it on the train this morning. Let me know how you go.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I would suggest calling Rinnai on 1300 555 545

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

hahahahaha!! Tried that guess what they where as helpful fart in a jar!!

https://www.facebook.com/rinnaiaustralia/posts/2162377027113958?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%...
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

When you used phone as hot spot were you able to connect Aircon to phone's hotspot?

Did you turn off band steering in the modem and also try a different 2.4 GHz WiFi channel?

Highlighted

Yeah mate I did
Highlighted

Did you get a solution, buggered if I can work it out for my Rinnai

Highlighted

No solution, Rinnai just washed their hands off it, from what ive read it seems to be the app. Telstra have been no better they just care that their equipment works, the texh guy wanted to charge me $60 said no fix no charge but he was just going to look at the user manual!! Between them both they have not been helpful so I guess its buyer beware, you would think that both companies would put the customer first.

I guess just wait for an app update!!

Good luck mate if i figure it out ill post the resolution
Highlighted

cheers, all the best!!
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Mate I got it working, deleted the app off my iphone 8, then used an old iphone 4 which I downloaded the older version of the app. I did not scan the QR code just added the aircon as instructed. once it was u and running I added the app back to my iphone 8 and never activated with QR code just typed rinnai into the manual code entry. once done I added the aircon...... it worked, also it works whilst away from my home, I tried it on the train this morning. Let me know how you go.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Sounds like a plan
Highlighted

I stuffed around with a crap Android phone I had and found an old version of app. Had success straight away. All three units I have were added. Then buggered around trying to add to iPhone, no luck and would bump them off network. Had another go tonight and was not have success, but then noticed by accident that they added themselves to the device list and I didn’t need to add them to the phone. Thanks for your help
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

This didn't work... it took 45 minutes to get through to "the guy who know's about wifi" and after making a few suggestions - "turn off 5ghz" being one of them, he said to turn the unit off for 10 minutes (mains) and the sprouted off a list of instructions.  I said hold on, the unit hasn't been off for long enough he told me he wasn't going to wait, i advised him that my purchased 7 units say he was going to wait, hold my hand until it was fixed - "thank you, I'm putting you through to my supervisor" click....  His supervisor held my hand until we had exhausted his knowledge.  couldn't get it to work.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I got mine working! tried to take in all the advice people had given online and put it all together.

1. use an iPhone, 6+ worked for me, also got it to work on an older ipad. turn off mobile data.

2. turn off 5GHZ (have to disable band steering).

While these were meant to make it work they didn't....

3. turn off wifi on "Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2" completely.

4. patch in old router "Telstra Gateway"

5. rename wifi to what my new router is and update password to match new router.

6. go through step 1, might have to still turn off 5GHZ on old router if it has it.

7. once all connected, take old router out of system, turn wifi back on on Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2, enable band steering (should enable 5 GHZ automatically).

8. clear data on all apps (except for the one you got working)

9. once you have added rinnai you should be able to refresh the list and all the units should appear again.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit